Honda Accord: Frame and Drain Tube Replacement
SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations, 2-door (see page 24-23), 4-door (see page 24-21) and the precautions and procedures (see page 24-25) before doing repairs or service.
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to scratch the interior trim or the body, or tear the seat covers.
1. Remove the headliner. (see page 20-140) 2. Disconnect the front drain tubes (A) and the rear drain tubes (B).
3. With an assistant holding the frame (A), remove the bolts (B, C) starting at the rear, and release the rear hooks (D) by moving the frame forward.
4. With the help of an assistant, carefully remove the frame through the front door opening.
Front Drain Tube
5. Remove the kick panel.
- 2-door (see step 5 on page 20-106) - 4-door (see step 5 on page 20-108) .
6. Passenger's side: Remove the stereo amplifier.
7. Detach the clip (A) securing the front drain tube (B).
Pull out the front drain valve (C) of the body hole. Tie a string to the top end of the drain tube, then pull down the drain tube out of the A-pillar. Leave the string in the pillar to use when reinstalling the drain tube.
Rear Drain Tube
8. Remove these items from the trunk compartment (see page 20-132):
- Trunk rear trim panel
- Trunk rear side trim panel
-.2-door: Detach the clip (A) securing the rear drain tube (B). Pull out the rear drain valve (C) of the body hole.
Tie a string to the top end of the rear drain tube, then pull down the drain tube out of the C-pillar. Leave the string in the pillar to use when reinstalling the drain tube.
10.4-door: Pull out the rear drain valve (A) of the body hole. Tie a string to the top end of the rear drain tube (B), then pull down the drain tube out of the C-pillar.
Leave the string in the pillar to use when reinstalling the drain tube.
11. Install the frame and the drain tube in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - Before installing the frame, clear the drain tubes and the drain valves using compressed air.
- To install a new drain tube, tie the string that was left in the pillar to the top end of the drain tube and pull it up into the roof.
- Check the frame seals.
- Clean the surface of the frame.
- When installing the frame, first attach the rear hooks into the body holes.
- Make sure the connectors are plugged in properly.
- When connecting the drain tubes, slide them over the frame nozzles at least 10 mm (0.39 in).
- Install the tube clips (A) on the drain tubes (B) as shown.
12. Check for water leaks (see step 9 on page 20-57). Let the water run freely from a hose without a nozzle. Do not use a high-pressure spray.
Active Noise Cancellation
Front 1. Remove the roof console (see page 20-140), and disconnect the connector (A) from the front active noise cancellation microphone (B). 2. Remove the screws and the front active noise can ...
Trunk Lid Latch Replacement
Special Tools Required KTC Trim Too! Set SOJATP2014* *Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857 NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - Take care not t ...
Supplemental restraint system (SRS)
The Accord SRS Includes a driver's airbag in the steering wheel hub, a passenger's airbag In the dashboard above the glove box, seat belt tensioners in the front seat belt retractors, side curtai ...