Honda Accord: Drain Channel Slider and Cable Assembly Replacement
NOTE: Put on gloves to protect your hands.
1. Remove these items: .
- Headliner (see page 20-140) - Moonroof glass (see page 20-91) 2. Remove the frame (see page 20-97).
3. Remove these parts from the frame: - Sunshade (see page 20-95) - Moonroof motor (see page 20-96) 4. Remove the aluminum tape (A). 4-door: Detach the clips ( B ) securing the moonroof subharness ( C ) .
4-door is: shown; 2-door is similar. ...
5. Remove the screws (A, B ) securing the cable tube rear : brackets (C). Remove the cable tube side bracket mounting bolts (D) and the cable tube mounting screws (E) from both sides of the frame (F). 4-door is shown; 2-door is similar.
6. Turn both cable tube side brackets ( A ) up to release the hooks ( B ) from the holes in both sides of the frame.
7. Pivot the glass brackets (C) down by sliding the link lifters (D) back, then slide both glass brackets back with the link lifters.
8. Slide the cable assembly (E) half-way back.
9. Remove the drain channel sliders (A) from both sides.
10. Slide the cable assembly (A) and both glass brackets (B) back, remove the deflector sliders (C) from both brackets, then remove them from the frame (D).
11. Install the drain channel slider and cable assembly in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - Damaged parts should be replaced.
- Apply multipurpose grease to the glass brackets (A) and the guide rail area of the frame (B) indicated by the arrows.
- Before reinstalling the motor, make sure both link lifters are parallel, and in the tilt-up position.
- Before reinstalling the motor, install the frame and the glass, then check the opening drag (see page 20-102).
- After reinstalling the motor, reset the moonroof control unit (see page 22-371).
Special Tools ...
Checking the Engine
If the engine does not start, check the starter. If you must start the vehicle immediately, use an assisting vehicle to jump start it. ...
Daytime Running Lights
With the headlight switch off or in the position, the high beam headlights and the high beam indicator come on with reduced brightness when you turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) po ...