Honda Accord: Mainshaft Disassembly, Inspection, and Reassembly
1. Inspect the thrust needle bearings and the needle bearings for galling and rough movement
2. Inspect the splines for excessive wear and damage.
3. Check the shaft bearing surface for scoring and excessive wear.
4. Before installing new O-rings, wrap the shaft splines with tape to prevent the O-ring damage.
5. Lubricate all parts with ATF during assembly.
6. Install the conical spring washer and the 41 x 68 mm thrust washer in the direction shown.
7. Replace the locknut and the conical spring washer with new ones when assembling the transmission.
8. Check the clearance of 5th gear (see page 14-287).
Use a damp cloth with a mixture of mild detergent and warm water to remove dirt. Use a clean cloth to remove detergent residue. Do not spill liquids inside the vehicle. Electrical devices and ...
Middle Crossmember Gusset
2-door NOTE: Take care not to scratch the body. 1. Remove the rear side trim panel (see page 20-127). 2. Pull back the rear part of the carpet as needed. 3. Remove the bolts (A, B), then rem ...
Transmission Fluid Inspection and Replacement
1. Raise the vehicle on a lift, and make sure it is securely supported. 2. Remove the front splash shield (see page 20-291). 3. Remove the oil filler plug (A) and the sealing washer (B), check ...