Honda Accord: Mainshaft Disassembly, Inspection, and Reassembly
1. Inspect the thrust needle bearings and the needle bearings for galling and rough movement
2. Inspect the splines for excessive wear and damage.
3. Check the shaft bearing surface for scoring and excessive wear.
4. Before installing new O-rings, wrap the shaft splines with tape to prevent the O-ring damage.
5. Lubricate all parts with ATF during assembly.
6. Install the conical spring washer and the 41 x 68 mm thrust washer in the direction shown.
7. Replace the locknut and the conical spring washer with new ones when assembling the transmission.
8. Check the clearance of 5th gear (see page 14-287).
Output Shaft (Countershaft) Speed
NOTE: For A/T models (see page 14-188). M/T 1. Disconnect the output shaft (countershaft) speed sensor 3P connector (A). 2. Remove the output shaft (countershaft) speed sensor (B). 3. Instal ...
Front Turn Signal/Side Marker Light Bulbs
When replacing, use the following bulbs. 1. Turn the steering wheel all the way to the opposite side from the light being replaced. Passenger side: Turn the steering wheel to the left. D ...
Fuse to Components Index Under-hood Fuse/Relay Box * 1 : LX, LX PZEV, LX-P, LX-P PZEV *2: Except LX, LX PZEV, LX-P, LX-P PZEV Driver's Under-dash Fuse/Relay Box Passenger's Under-dash Fus ...