Honda Accord: Differential Thrust Clearance Adjustment
Special Tools Required
Driver Handle, 40 mm I.D. 07746-0030100
1 Remove trie left driveshaft side oil seal from the transmission housing (see page 13-70).
2. If you removed the 80 mm shim from the transmission housing, reinstall the same sized shim.
3. Install the differential assembly into the clutch housing.
4. Install the transmission housing onto the clutch housing, then tighten the 8 mm flange bolts in a crisscross pattern in several steps (see step 17 on page 13-62).
Specified Torque: 8 x 1.25 mm
27 N-m (2.8 kgfm, 20 Ibfft)
5. Use the 40 mm I.D. driver handle to bottom the differential assembly in the clutch housing.
6. Measure the clearance between 80 mm shim and the bearing outer race in the transmission housing.
Standard: 0-0.10 mm (0.0-0 004 In)
7. If the clearance exceeds the standard, select a new 80 mm shim from the following table. If the clearance measured in step 6 is within the standard, go to step 10.
80 mm Shim
8. Remove the bolts and the transmission housing.
9. Replace the thrust shim selected in step 7, then recheck the clearance.
10. Install a new left driveshaft side oil seal to the transmission housing (see page 13-70).
11. Reinstall the transmission housing.
SUPPLEMENTAL RESTRAINT SYSTEM (SRS) f if automatic transmission maintenance is required).
The Accord SRS includes a driver's airbag in the steering wheel hub, a passenger's airbag in the dashboard above the glove box, seat belt tensioners in the front seat belt retractors, side curtain airbags in the sides of the roof, and side airbags in the front seat-backs. Information necessary to safely service the SRS is included in this Service Manual. Items marked with an asterisk (*) on the contents page include or are located near SRS components. Servicing, disassembling, or replacing these items requires special precautions and tools, and should be done by an authorized Honda dealer.
- To avoid rendering the SRS inoperative, which could lead to personal injury or death in the event of a severe frontal or side collision, all SRS service work should be done by an authorized Honda dealer.
- Improper service procedures, including incorrect removal and installation of the SRS, could lead to personal injury caused by unintentional deployment of the airbags, side airbags, and/or side curtain airbags.
- Do not bump or impact the SRS unit, front impact sensors, side impact sensors, or rear safing sensor, especially when the ignition switch is in ON (II), or for at least 3 minutes after the ignition switch is turned to LOCK (0); otherwise, the system may fail in a collision, or the airbags may deploy.
- SRS electrical connectors are identified by yellow color coding. Related components are located in the steering column, center console, dashboard, dashboard lower cover, in the dashboard above the glove box, in the front seats, in the roof side, and around the floor. Do not use electrical test equipment on these circuits.
Damper/Spring Removal and Installation
Removal 1. Raise and support the vehicle (see page 1-13). 2. Remove the front wheel. 3. Remove the wheel speed sensor harness bracket mounting bolt (A). 4. Remove the damper pinch b ...
Charging System Indicator
troubleshooting the charging system indicator. 1. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II). Does the charging system indicator come on? YES-Go to step 2. NO-Go to step 14. 2. Start the engine. ...
'08-09 Models 10 Model ...