Honda Accord: Hood Latch Replacement
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to scratch the body or the related parts.
1. Remove the front grille cover: - 2-door (see page 20-274) - 4-door (see page 20-274) 2.4-door: Remove the hood latch cover (A).
-1. Detach the clips by pulling back the cover.
-2. Release the hook (B) by lowering the cover.
3. Remove the bolts, then remove the hood latch (A) from the body, and disconnect the hood opener cable (B) from the hood latch.
4. With hood latch switch: Disconnect the hood latch switch connector (C).
5. Install the latch in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - Apply multipurpose grease to each location of the hood latch indicated by the arrows.
- Make sure the hood opener cable is connected properly and the hood latch switch connector is plugged in properly (for some models).
- Adjust the hood latch alignment (see step 4 on page 20-264).
- Make sure the hood opens properly and locks securely.
- 4-door: If the cover clips are damaged or stress-whitened, replace them with new ones.
- 4-door: Push the cover clips into place securely.
Your vehicle displays engine oil life and maintenance service items on the information display to show you when you should have your dealer do engine oil replacement and indicated maintenanc ...
DTC B1127: Driver's Door Key Cylinder Switch Malfunction NOTE: If you are troubleshooting multiple DTCs, be sure to follow the instructions in B-CAN System Diagnosis Test Mode A (see page 22-134). ...