Honda Accord: Countershaft Disassembly, Inspection, and Reassembly
1. Inspect the needle bearings for galling and rough movement.
2. Inspect the splines for excessive wear and damage.
3. Check the shaft bearing surface for scoring and excessive wear.
4. Lubricate all parts with ATF during assembly.
5. Install the conical spring washer, the reverse selector, the 35 x 47 x 7.8 mm collar, and all gears in the direction shown.
6. Replace the locknut and the conical spring washer with new ones when assembling the transmission. The countershaft locknut has left-hand threads.
7. Some reverse selector hubs and 3rd gears are press-fitted to the countershaft; special tools are needed to remove them (see page 14-290) and to install them (see page 14-290).
Component Location Index
4-door with moonroof 2-door with moonroof ...
Improving Fuel Economy Fuel economy depends on several conditions, including driving conditions, your driving habits, the condition of your vehicle, and loading. Depending on these and other ...
HomeLink Universal Transceiver
All V6 models The HomeLink universal transceiver built into your vehicle can be programmed to operate up to three remotely controlled devices around your home, such as garage doors, lightin ...