Honda Accord: Countershaft Disassembly, Inspection, and Reassembly
1. Inspect the needle bearings for galling and rough movement.
2. Inspect the splines for excessive wear and damage.
3. Check the shaft bearing surface for scoring and excessive wear.
4. Lubricate all parts with ATF during assembly.
5. Install the conical spring washer, the reverse selector, the 35 x 47 x 7.8 mm collar, and all gears in the direction shown.
6. Replace the locknut and the conical spring washer with new ones when assembling the transmission. The countershaft locknut has left-hand threads.
7. Some reverse selector hubs and 3rd gears are press-fitted to the countershaft; special tools are needed to remove them (see page 14-290) and to install them (see page 14-290).
To Play a Disc
To load or play discs, the ignition switch must be in the ACCESSORY (I) or ON (II) position. You operate the disc changer with the same controls used for the radio. To select the disc changer, ...
Receiving XM Radio Service
If your XM Radio service has expired or you purchased your vehicle from a previous owner, you can listen to a sampling of the broadcasts available on XM Radio. With the ignition switch in th ...
The lap/shoulder belt goes over your shoulder, across your chest, and across your hips. To fasten the belt, insert the latch plate into the buckle, then tug on the belt to make sure the buckl ...