Honda Accord: Countershaft Disassembly, Inspection, and Reassembly
1. Inspect the needle bearings for galling and rough movement.
2. Inspect the splines for excessive wear and damage.
3. Check the shaft bearing surface for scoring and excessive wear.
4. Lubricate all parts with ATF during assembly.
5. Install the conical spring washer, the reverse selector, the 35 x 47 x 7.8 mm collar, and all gears in the direction shown.
6. Replace the locknut and the conical spring washer with new ones when assembling the transmission. The countershaft locknut has left-hand threads.
7. Some reverse selector hubs and 3rd gears are press-fitted to the countershaft; special tools are needed to remove them (see page 14-290) and to install them (see page 14-290).
1. Remove the auto-tensioner (see page 4-31). 2. Clamp the auto-tensioner (A) by using two 8 mm bolts (B) and a vise (C) as shown. Do not clamp the auto-tensioner itself, then remove the tensione ...
Rear Safing Sensor Replacement
Removal 1. Do the battery t e r m i n a l disconnection p r o c e d u r e (see page 22-91), t h e n wait at least 3 minutes before starting w o r k . 2. Remove t h e rear seat c u s h i o n (see ...
Your safety, and the safety of others, is very important. To help you make informed decisions, we have provided safety messages, and other safety information throughout this manual. . Of course, ...