Honda Accord: Rear Door Outer Handle Replacement
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to scratch the door.
1. Remove the door panel (see page 20-38).
2. Disconnect the power door lock actuator connector (A), and detach the harness clips (B).
3. Remove the rear plug cap (C), then remove the plastic cover (D) as needed.
NOTE: If the plastic cover is damaged or torn, replace it with a new one.
4. Remove the hole seal (A).
5. While holding the outer handle cover (A), remove the bolt a n d release the hooks (B) of the outer handle cover, then remove the cover.
6. Release the hooks (A), then remove the outer handle holder (B) from the outer handle base (C).
7. Pull back the outer handle (A), and out as shown to remove it from the door.
8. Release the hooks (A, B), then remove the outer handle front seal (C) and the outer handle rear seal (D).
3. Remove the outer handle base (A).
-1. Release the rod fastener ( B ) .
-2. Disconnect the outer handle rod (C) with a clip remover, -3. Loosen the nut.
-4. Release the hook (D), and slide the outer handle base forward to release the special bolt (E) from the door.
10. Remove the rod fastener (A) from the outer handle base ( B ) , then replace it with a new one.
11. Install the handle in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - Reinstall the outer handle holder before installing the outer handle cover.
- Make sure that the power door lock actuator connector is plugged in properly, and that the outer handle rod is connected securely.
- Make sure the door locks operate properly.
- Make sure the door handle works properly.
- When reinstalling the door panel, make sure the plastic cover on the door is installed properly .
- Push the hooks and the clip into place securely.
Defaulting All the Settings
Reset all the menu and customized settings as the factory defaults. 1. Press the SETTINGS button. 1. Press and hold the DISP button. 2. Rotate to select System Settings, then press . ...
Shift Lever Disassembly/Reassembly
Type A Shift Lever NOTE: Make sure not to get any silicone grease on the terminal part of the connectors and switches, especially if you have silicone grease on your hands of gloves. Type B Shi ...
Special Tools Required - Universal Lifting Eyelet 07AAK-SNAA120 Engine Hanger Adapter VSB02C000015 Engine Support Hanger, A and Reds AAR-T-1256* Subframe Adapter VSB02C000016 Subframe Alignment P ...