Honda Accord: Rear Door Outer Handle Replacement
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to scratch the door.
1. Remove the door panel (see page 20-38).
2. Disconnect the power door lock actuator connector (A), and detach the harness clips (B).
3. Remove the rear plug cap (C), then remove the plastic cover (D) as needed.
NOTE: If the plastic cover is damaged or torn, replace it with a new one.
4. Remove the hole seal (A).
5. While holding the outer handle cover (A), remove the bolt a n d release the hooks (B) of the outer handle cover, then remove the cover.
6. Release the hooks (A), then remove the outer handle holder (B) from the outer handle base (C).
7. Pull back the outer handle (A), and out as shown to remove it from the door.
8. Release the hooks (A, B), then remove the outer handle front seal (C) and the outer handle rear seal (D).
3. Remove the outer handle base (A).
-1. Release the rod fastener ( B ) .
-2. Disconnect the outer handle rod (C) with a clip remover, -3. Loosen the nut.
-4. Release the hook (D), and slide the outer handle base forward to release the special bolt (E) from the door.
10. Remove the rod fastener (A) from the outer handle base ( B ) , then replace it with a new one.
11. Install the handle in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - Reinstall the outer handle holder before installing the outer handle cover.
- Make sure that the power door lock actuator connector is plugged in properly, and that the outer handle rod is connected securely.
- Make sure the door locks operate properly.
- Make sure the door handle works properly.
- When reinstalling the door panel, make sure the plastic cover on the door is installed properly .
- Push the hooks and the clip into place securely.
Middle Crossmember Gusset
2-door NOTE: Take care not to scratch the body. 1. Remove the rear side trim panel (see page 20-127). 2. Pull back the rear part of the carpet as needed. 3. Remove the bolts (A, B), then rem ...
Transmission Fluid Inspection and Replacement
1. Raise the vehicle on a lift, and make sure it is securely supported. 2. Remove the front splash shield (see page 20-291). 3. Remove the oil filler plug (A) and the sealing washer (B), check ...