Honda Accord: Wiper Blades
Check the condition of the wiper blades at least every six months.
Replace them if you find signs of cracking in the rubber, areas that are getting hard, or if they leave streaks and unwiped areas when used.
To replace a wiper blade:
1. Raise the wiper arm off the windshield. Raise the driver’s side first, then the passenger’s side.
Do not open the hood when the wiper arms are raised, or you will damage the hood and wiper arms.
2. Disconnect the blade assembly from the wiper arm:
Put a cloth on the edge of the lock tab to prevent scratches, then push up on the lock tab carefully with a flat-tip screwdriver.
Pivot the blade assembly toward the wiper arm until it releases from the wiper arm.
When replacing a wiper blade, make sure not to drop the wiper blade or wiper arm down on the windshield.
3. Remove the blade from its holder by grabbing the tabbed end of the blade. Pull firmly until the tabs come out of the holder.
4. Examine the new wiper blades. If they have no plastic or metal reinforcement along the back edge, remove the metal reinforcement strips from the old wiper blade, and install them in the slots along the edge of the new blade.
Make sure the two rubber tabs inside the blade fit to each notch of the reinforcement, as shown.
5. Place the top of the wiper blade on the end of the blade assembly, and slide the blade onto the assembly until the tabs are fitted onto the wiper blade.
Make sure the blade is completely installed.
6. Slide the wiper blade assembly onto the wiper arm. Push down the lock tab. Make sure the wiper blade assembly locks in place.
7. Lower the wiper arm down against the windshield, the passenger’s side first, then the driver’s side.
Dust and Pollen FilterThis filter removes the dust and pollen that is brought in fromthe outside through the heating and cooling system/climate control system. Have your dealer replace this filter when this serv ...
TiresTo safely operate your vehicle, your tires must be the proper type and size, in good condition with adequate tread, and correctly inflated. The following pages give more detailed information ...
Brake/Taillight and Rear Turn Signal Light/Rear SideMarker Light Bulbs
When replacing, use the following bulbs. 1. Remove the holding clips using a flat-tip screwdriver, then pull the lining back. 2. Turn the socket to the left and remove it. 3. Remove the ...
This feature, when activated, plays all files in the current folder in random order. To activate folder random play, select FOLDER RANDOM by using the interface knob, and press ENTER on the ...
Hood Release Handle Replacement
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - Take care not to scratch the body. -Take care not to kink the hood opener cable. 1. Remove the driver's kick panel: - 2-door (see page 20-10 ...