Honda Accord: System Charging
вЂў Air conditioning refrigerant or lubricant vapor can irritate your eyes, nose, or throat.
вЂў Be careful when connecting service equipment.
вЂў Do not breathe refrigerant or vapor.
NOTE: вЂў If accidental system discharge occurs, ventilate the work area before resuming service.
вЂў Additional health and safety information may be obtained from the refrigerant and lubricant manufacturers.
1. Connect an R-134a refrigerant recovery/recycling/charging station (A) to the high-pressure service port (B) and the low-pressure service port (C), as shown, following the equipment manufacturer's instructions.
2. Recover the refrigerant in the A/C system (see page 21-80).
3. Evacuate the system until the suction gauge reads approximately - 9 3 . 3 kPa ( - 7 00 mmHg, -27.6 inHg).
Check that the system holds a vacuum for 15 minutes.
вЂў If the A/C system hold vacuum for 15 minutes, the system does not have a leak. Finish the system evacuation (see page 21-80), then go to step 4.
вЂў If the A/C system does not hold vacuum for 15 minutes, the A/C system has a leak. Find and repair the leak (see page 21-82).
4. Add the same amount of new refrigerant oil to the system that was removed during recovery. Use only DENSO ND-OIL 8 refrigerant oil.
5. Charge the system with the specified amount of R-134a refrigerant. Do not overcharge the system; the A/C compressor will be damaged.
Select the appropriate units of measure for your refrigerant charging station.
400 to 450 g
0.40 to 0.45 kg
0.9 to 1.0 lbs
14.1 to 15 J oz
6. Check for refrigerant leaks (see page 21-82).
7. Check the system performance (see page 21-89).
If the EngineWon’t Start
Diagnosing why the engine won’t start falls into two areas, depending on what you hear when you turn the ignition switch to the START (III) position: You hear nothing, or almost nothing. ...
Parking Your Vehicle
Do not park your vehicle near flammable objects, such as dry grass, oil, or timber. Heat from the exhaust can cause a fire. When Stopped 1. Depress the brake pedal firmly. 2. Firmly apply the p ...
Power Steering Hose, Line, and Pressure Switch
Note these items during installation: -Connect each hose to the corresponding line securely until it contacts the stop on the line. Install the clamp or adjustable clamp at the specified distance ...