Honda Accord: System Charging
вЂў Air conditioning refrigerant or lubricant vapor can irritate your eyes, nose, or throat.
вЂў Be careful when connecting service equipment.
вЂў Do not breathe refrigerant or vapor.
NOTE: вЂў If accidental system discharge occurs, ventilate the work area before resuming service.
вЂў Additional health and safety information may be obtained from the refrigerant and lubricant manufacturers.
1. Connect an R-134a refrigerant recovery/recycling/charging station (A) to the high-pressure service port (B) and the low-pressure service port (C), as shown, following the equipment manufacturer's instructions.
2. Recover the refrigerant in the A/C system (see page 21-80).
3. Evacuate the system until the suction gauge reads approximately - 9 3 . 3 kPa ( - 7 00 mmHg, -27.6 inHg).
Check that the system holds a vacuum for 15 minutes.
вЂў If the A/C system hold vacuum for 15 minutes, the system does not have a leak. Finish the system evacuation (see page 21-80), then go to step 4.
вЂў If the A/C system does not hold vacuum for 15 minutes, the A/C system has a leak. Find and repair the leak (see page 21-82).
4. Add the same amount of new refrigerant oil to the system that was removed during recovery. Use only DENSO ND-OIL 8 refrigerant oil.
5. Charge the system with the specified amount of R-134a refrigerant. Do not overcharge the system; the A/C compressor will be damaged.
Select the appropriate units of measure for your refrigerant charging station.
400 to 450 g
0.40 to 0.45 kg
0.9 to 1.0 lbs
14.1 to 15 J oz
6. Check for refrigerant leaks (see page 21-82).
7. Check the system performance (see page 21-89).
Check the reservoir (A) at regular intervals, and add the recommended fluid as necessary. Always use Honda Power Steering Fluid. Using any other type of power steering fluid or automatic transmissi ...
Special Tools Required - Honda diagnostic system (HDS) tablet tester - Honda Interface Module (HIM) and an iN workstation with the latest HDS software version - HDS pocket tester ...
Playing Bluetooth® Audio
Your audio system allows you to listen to music from your Bluetooth®-compatible phone. This function is available when the phone is paired and connected to the vehicle's Bluetooth® HandsFre ...