Honda Accord: Countershaft Reverse Selector Hub and 3rd Gear Installation
Special Tools Required
Driver Handle, 40 mm I.D. 07746-0030100
1. Install 2nd gear, 1st gear, 5th gear, and the 37 x 41 x 54.3 mm collar on the countershaft.
2. Slide 3rd gear (A) over the countershaft, and press it in place using the 40 mm driver and a press.
3. Install the 31 mm cotters, the 35 x 47 x 7.8 mm collar, the set ring, the needle bearing, and 4th gear.
4. Slide the reverse selector hub (A) over the countershaft, then press it in place using the 40 mm driver and the press.
NOTE: Some reverse selector hubs are not press-fitted, and can be installed without using the 40 mm driver and a press.
Connecting Rod and Crankshaft End Play Inspection
1. Remove the oil pump (see page 8-16). 2. Remove the baffle plate (see step 8 on page 7-14). 3. Measure the connecting rod end play with a feeler gauge between the connecting rod and the cran ...
Front Passenger's Airbag Replacement
NOTE: If r e p l a c i n g t h e f r o n t passenger's airbag after d e p l o y m e n t , refer t o Component Replacement/ Inspection A f t e r Deployment (see page 24-208) f o r a c o m p l e t e ...