Honda Accord: Countershaft Reverse Selector Hub and 3rd Gear Installation
Special Tools Required
Driver Handle, 40 mm I.D. 07746-0030100
1. Install 2nd gear, 1st gear, 5th gear, and the 37 x 41 x 54.3 mm collar on the countershaft.
2. Slide 3rd gear (A) over the countershaft, and press it in place using the 40 mm driver and a press.
3. Install the 31 mm cotters, the 35 x 47 x 7.8 mm collar, the set ring, the needle bearing, and 4th gear.
4. Slide the reverse selector hub (A) over the countershaft, then press it in place using the 40 mm driver and the press.
NOTE: Some reverse selector hubs are not press-fitted, and can be installed without using the 40 mm driver and a press.
Horn Switch Test
NOTE: Check for a blown No. 10 (20 A) fuse in the under-hood fuse/relay box. If it is blown, check for a faulty horn relay. 1. Turn the steering wheel 180 degrees from the center position and re ...
• Service Express For electronic copies of service publications, you can purchase a subscription to Service Express. Visit www.techinfo.honda.com for pricing and options. • For U.S. Owners: ...
Secondary Shaft Idler Gear Removal
Special Tools Required Attachment 42 mm I.D. 07QAD-P0A0100 Removal Place a spacer (A) on the secondary shaft (B), and set a puller (C) under the idler gear (D), then remove the idler gear. Ins ...