Honda Accord: Valve, Spring, and Valve Seal Installation
Special Tools Required
Stem Seal Driver, 30 mm 07PAD-0010000
Valve Spring Compressor Attachment 07757-PJ1010A
1. Coat the valve stems with new engine oil. Install the valves in the valve guides.
2. Check that the valves move up and down smoothly.
3. Install the spring seats on the cylinder head.
4. Install the new valve seals (A) using the 5.5 mm side of the stem seal driver, 30 mm (B).
NOTE: The exhaust valve seal (C) has a black spring (D), and the intake valve seal (E) has a white spring (F).
They are not interchangeable.
5. Install the valve spring and the spring retainer. Place the end of the valve spring with the closely wound coils toward the cylinder head.
6. Install the valve spring compressor attachment and the valve spring compressor. Compress the spring, and install the valve cotters.
7. Remove the valve spring compressor and the valve spring compressor attachment.
8. Lightly tap the end of each valve stem two or three times with a plastic mallet (A) to ensure proper seating of the valve and the valve cotters. Tap the valve stem only along its axis so you do not bend the stem.
With Navigation System Without Navigation System ...
Information Display Warning andInformation Messages
The following messages appear only on the information display. ...
Frame Repair Chart
Top View g2 Front floor locating hole 025 (0.98) rear h2 Front floor tunnel frame locating hole 013 (0.51) rear i Rear frame A locating hole 025 (0.98) j Rear floor locating hole 025 (0.98) k1 ...