Honda Accord: Valve, Spring, and Valve Seal Installation
Special Tools Required
Stem Seal Driver, 30 mm 07PAD-0010000
Valve Spring Compressor Attachment 07757-PJ1010A
1. Coat the valve stems with new engine oil. Install the valves in the valve guides.
2. Check that the valves move up and down smoothly.
3. Install the spring seats on the cylinder head.
4. Install the new valve seals (A) using the 5.5 mm side of the stem seal driver, 30 mm (B).
NOTE: The exhaust valve seal (C) has a black spring (D), and the intake valve seal (E) has a white spring (F).
They are not interchangeable.
5. Install the valve spring and the spring retainer. Place the end of the valve spring with the closely wound coils toward the cylinder head.
6. Install the valve spring compressor attachment and the valve spring compressor. Compress the spring, and install the valve cotters.
7. Remove the valve spring compressor and the valve spring compressor attachment.
8. Lightly tap the end of each valve stem two or three times with a plastic mallet (A) to ensure proper seating of the valve and the valve cotters. Tap the valve stem only along its axis so you do not bend the stem.
EVAP Canister Vent Shut Valve
1 o Disconnect the EVAP canister vent shut valve 2P connector (A). 2. Remove the cap (B). 3. Remove the EVAP canister vent shut valve (C). 4. Install the parts in the reverse order of remova ...
Seat Belt Inspection
Regularly check the condition of your seat belts as follows: • Pull each belt out fully, and look for frays, cuts, burns, and wear. • Check that the latches work smoothly and the belts retract ...
Playing Internet Radio
Connect a compatible phone through Bluetooth®. You can also connect the phone using your dock connector to the USB port. Make sure the audio setting is correct for the connection type. Press t ...