Honda Accord: Valve, Spring, and Valve Seal Installation
Special Tools Required
Stem Seal Driver, 30 mm 07PAD-0010000
Valve Spring Compressor Attachment 07757-PJ1010A
1. Coat the valve stems with new engine oil. Install the valves in the valve guides.
2. Check that the valves move up and down smoothly.
3. Install the spring seats on the cylinder head.
4. Install the new valve seals (A) using the 5.5 mm side of the stem seal driver, 30 mm (B).
NOTE: The exhaust valve seal (C) has a black spring (D), and the intake valve seal (E) has a white spring (F).
They are not interchangeable.
5. Install the valve spring and the spring retainer. Place the end of the valve spring with the closely wound coils toward the cylinder head.
6. Install the valve spring compressor attachment and the valve spring compressor. Compress the spring, and install the valve cotters.
7. Remove the valve spring compressor and the valve spring compressor attachment.
8. Lightly tap the end of each valve stem two or three times with a plastic mallet (A) to ensure proper seating of the valve and the valve cotters. Tap the valve stem only along its axis so you do not bend the stem.
Valve Seat Reconditioning1. Inspect the valve stem-to-guide clearance (see page 6-88). If the valve guides are worn, replace them (see page 6-88) before cutting the valve seats. 2. Renew the valve seats in the cylinder h ...
Rocker Arm Assemblf Installation1. Reassemble the rocker arm assembly (see page 6-82). 2. Clean and dry the No. 5 rocker shaft holder mating surface. 3. Apply liquid gasket P/N 08717-0004, 08718-0003, or 08718-0009 to the cy ...
Defogger Wire Repair
NOTE: To make an effective repair, the broken section must be no longer than 1.0 in (25 mm). 1. Lightly rub the area around the broken section (A) with fine steel wool, then clean it with isoprop ...
Auto Door Locking
The auto door locking feature has three possible settings: The auto door locking is deactivated all the time. The doors lock whenever you move the shift lever out of the Park (P) position (A ...