Honda Accord: Trunk Lid Torsion Bar Replacement
Special Tools Required
Torsion Bar Assembly Tool 07AAF-SNAA100
1. Remove the trunk lid torsion bars (A) from the torsion bar center clip (B).
3. Remove the torsion bar center clip (A) from the body.
4. Install the torsion bars In the reverse order of removal, and note these Items: - The shapes of the right torsion bar (A) and the left torsion bar (B) are shown. Install the torsion bars properly.
- Adjust the torsion bars forward or rearward with the torsion bar assembly tool.
- The torsion bars were Installed at the factory in the normal position as shown.
- Make sure the trunk lid opens properly and locks securely.
Trunk Lid Adjustment1. Remove the rear shelf (see page 20-128). 2. Pry up the notches (A) to release the rear hooks (B), and pull up the cap (C) to release the side hooks (D), then remove the cap. 3. Slightly lo ...
Trunk Lid Weatherstrip ReplacementNOTE: 4-door Is shown; 2-door Is similar. 1. Remove the trunk lid weatherstrip (A) by pulling it off. 2. Locate the painted alignment mark (B or C) on the trunk lid weatherstrip. Align the pain ...
Before programming your HomeLink to operate a garage door opener, confirm that the opener has an external entrapment protection system, such as an ‘‘electronic eye,’’ or other safety ...
If the Crankshaft is Already Installed 1. Set the crankshaft to bottom dead center (BDC) for each cylinder as its piston is installed. 2. Remove the connecting rod caps, then install the ring co ...
Recommended Engine Oil
Oil is a major contributor to your engine's performance and longevity. If you drive the vehicle with insufficient or deteriorated oil, the engine may fail or be damaged. This seal indicates ...