Honda Accord: Symptom Troubleshooting
NOTE: -Compare to a known-good vehicle that is the same trim level.
-Check for suspension damage.
m Check the steering alignment.
-Check the tire condition and pressure.
1. Check the power assist (see page 17-4).
Is the Initial turning load more than 29.4 N (3.0 kgf, 6.6 Ibf)? YES
-Go to step 2. NO
-Power assist is OK at this time. Compare to a known-good vehicle.
2. Connect the pump joint adapter or P/S joint adapter (pump), hose joint adapter, and P/S pressure gauge T/N 07406- 0010001 (see page 17-25), T/N 07406- 001000A or T/N 07406-001A101 (see page 17-26) to the pump.
3. Measure steady-state fluid pressure from the pump at idle.
Is the pressure 1,470 kPa (15 kgf/cm2, 213 psi) or less? YES
-Go to step 4.
-Go to step 8.
4. Measure the pump relief pressure at idle.
Is the pressure 8,140-8,830 kPa (83-90 kgf/cm2, 1,180-1,280 psi) or more? YES
-Go to step 5.
-Replace the pump assembly (see page 17-30).
5. Using a spring scale, measure the power assist in both directions, to the left and to the right.
Are the two measurements within 5.0 N (0.51 kgf, 1.12 Ibf) of each other? YES
-Go to step 6.
-Go to step 9.
6. Measure the fluid pressure with both pressure gauge valves open (if so equipped), while turning the steering wheel fully to the left and fully to the right.
Is the pressure 8,140-8,830 kPa (83-90 kgf/cm2, 1,180вЂ”1,280 psi) or more in both directions? YES
-Go to step 7.
-Faulty steering gearbox. Overhaul the steering gearbox (see page 17-45).H 7. Adjust the rack guide (see page 17-17), and retest.
Is the steering OK? YES
-Repair is completed.
-Faulty steering gearbox. Overhaul the steering gearbox (see page 17-45).
8. Check the outlet and return hoses and the lines between the pump and the steering gearbox for clogging and deformation.
Are the lines clogged or deformed? YES
-Replace the lines.S NO
-Faulty valve body unit. Overhaul the valve body unit (see page 17-45).H 9. Check the cylinder lines for deformation (see page 17-29).
Are any of the line(s) deformed? YES
-Replace the deformed line(s).H NO
-Go to step 10.
10. Check for a bent rack shaft or misadjusted rack guide (too tight).
Is the rack shaft bent or the rack guide adjusted too tight? YES
-Replace the rack shaft, or readjust the rack guide preload.
-Faulty valve body unit. Overhaul the valve body unit (see page 17-45).
Charging System Indicator
Charging System Indicator If the charging system indicator comes on brightly when the engine is running, the battery is not being charged. Immediately turn off all electrical accessories ...
Check Fuel Cap Message
Your vehicle’s onboard diagnostic system will detect a loose or missing fuel fill cap as an evaporative system leak. The first time a leak is detected a ‘‘CHECK FUEL CAP’’ message ...
Audio Disc Changer
With Navigation NOTE: вЂў Put on gloves to protect your hands. вЂў Take care not to scratch the dashboard and related parts. вЂў Lay a shop towel under the parts when working on the ...