Honda Accord: Pump Pressure Test w i th T/N 07406-0010001
Special Tools Required
-Pump Joint Adapter 07RAK-S040111 or P/S Joint Adapter (pump) 07RAK-S040110
-Hose Joint Adapter 07RAK-S040122
-P/S Pressure Gauge 07406-0010001
Check the fluid pressure as follows to determine whether the trouble is in the pump or steering gearbox.
1. Check the power steering fluid level (see page 17-28).
2. Disconnect the pump outlet hose (A) from the pump outlet with care so as not to spill the power steering fluid on the frame and other parts, then install the pump joint adapter or P/S joint adapter (pump) on the pump outlet (B).
3. Connect the hose joint adapter to the P/S pressure gauge, then connect the pump outlet hose to the hose joint adapter.
4. Install the P/S pressure gauge to the pump joint adapter or P/S joint adapter (pump).
5. Fully open the shut-off valve (A).
6. Fully open the pressure control valve (B).
7. Start the engine, and let it idle.
8. Turn the steering wheel from lock to lock several times to warm the fluid to operating temperature at 158 В°F (70 В°C).
9. Measure steady-state fluid pressure while the engine is idling. If the pump is in good condition, the gauge should read no more than 1,470 kPa (15 kgf/cm2, 213 psi).
If the reading is high, check for: -Clogged or deformed inlet or return line between the pump and the steering gearbox.
-Clogged valve body unit.
10. Close the shut-off valve, then close the pressure control valve gradually until the pressure gauge needle is stable. Read the pressure.
Do not keep the shut-off valve closed more than 5 seconds or the pump could be damaged by over-heating.
11. Immediately open the shut-off valve fully.
If the pump is in good condition, the gauge should read at least 8,140-8,830 kPa (83-90 kgf/cm2, 1,180вЂ”1,280 psi). A low reading means the pump output is too low for full assist. Repair or replace the pump.
Symptom TroubleshootingHard Steering NOTE: -Compare to a known-good vehicle that is the same trim level. -Check for suspension damage. m Check the steering alignment. -Check the tire condition and pressure. 1 ...
Pump Pressure Test w i th T/N 07406-001000A or T/N 07406-001A101Special Tools Required -Pump Joint Adapter 07RAK-S040111 o r P/S Joint Adapter (pump) 07RAK-S040110 вЂўHose Joint Adapter 07RAK-S040122 вЂўP/S Pressure Gauge 07408-001000A or 07406-001A1 ...
Fuel Pipe Protector Replacement
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - Take care not to scratch the body. - When prying with a flat-tip screwdriver, wrap it with protective tape to prevent damage. 1. Remove the le ...
Mirror Holder Replacement
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - When prying with a flat-tip screwdriver, wrap it with protective tape to prevent damage. 1. Carefully push on the top edge of the mirror holder ( ...
Passenger's Air Mix Control Motor
1. Remove the glove box (see page 20-174). 2, Disconnect the 4P connector (A) from the power transistor (B), and the 7P connector (C) from the passenger's air mix control motor (D). Remove the s ...