Honda Accord: Pump Pressure Test w i th T/N 07406-001000A or T/N 07406-001A101
Special Tools Required
-Pump Joint Adapter 07RAK-S040111 o r P/S Joint Adapter (pump) 07RAK-S040110
вЂўHose Joint Adapter 07RAK-S040122
вЂўP/S Pressure Gauge 07408-001000A or 07406-001A101
Check the fluid pressure as follows to determine whether the trouble is in the pump or steering gearbox.
1. Check the power steering fluid level (see page 17-28).
2. Disconnect the pump outlet hose (A) from the pump outlet with care so as not t o spill the power steering fluid on the frame and other parts, then install the pump joint adapter o r P/S joint adapter (pump) o n the pump outlet (B).
3. Connect the hose joint adapter to the P/S pressure gauge, then connect the pump outlet hose to the hose joint adapter.
4. Install the P/S pressure gauge to the pump joint adapter or P/S joint adapter (pump).
5. Fully open the shut-off valve (A).
6. Start the engine, and let it idle.
7. Turn the steering wheel from lock to lock several times to warm the fluid to operating temperature at 158 В°F (70 В°C).
8. Measure steady-state fluid pressure while the engine is idling. If the pump is in good condition, the gauge .
should read no more than 1,470 kPa (15 kgf/cm2, 213 psi).
If the reading is high, check for: -Clogged or deformed iniet or return line between the pump and the steering gearbox.
-Clogged valve body unit.
9. Let the engine idle, and gradually close the shut-off valve and immediately read the pressure.
Do not keep the shut-off valve closed more than 5 seconds or the pump could be damaged by over-heating.
10. Immediately open the shut-off valve fully.
If the pump is in good condition, the gauge should read at least 8,140-8,830 kPa (83-90 kgf/cm2, 1,180 вЂ” 1,280 psi). A low reading means the pump output is too low for full assist. Repair or replace the pump.
Pump Pressure Test w i th T/N 07406-0010001Special Tools Required -Pump Joint Adapter 07RAK-S040111 or P/S Joint Adapter (pump) 07RAK-S040110 -Hose Joint Adapter 07RAK-S040122 -P/S Pressure Gauge 07406-0010001 Check the fluid pressure as ...
1st, 2nd, and 3rd Clutch Reassembly
Special Tools Required Clutch Spring Compressor Set 07LAE-PX40000 NOTE: Hold the spring compressor in a vise with soft jaws. Be careful not to damage the clutch drum. 1 Soak the clutch discs tho ...
Playing a CD
Your audio system supports audio CDs, CD-Rs and CD-RWs in either MP3, WMA, or AAC*1 format. With the CD loaded, press the CD button. • How to Select a File from the Music Search List (MP3/WMA ...
All ChildrenMust Be Restrained
Each year, many children are injured or killed in vehicle crashes because they are either unrestrained or not properly restrained. In fact, traffic collisions are the number one cause of dea ...