Honda Accord: Pump Pressure Test w i th T/N 07406-001000A or T/N 07406-001A101
Special Tools Required
-Pump Joint Adapter 07RAK-S040111 o r P/S Joint Adapter (pump) 07RAK-S040110
вЂўHose Joint Adapter 07RAK-S040122
вЂўP/S Pressure Gauge 07408-001000A or 07406-001A101
Check the fluid pressure as follows to determine whether the trouble is in the pump or steering gearbox.
1. Check the power steering fluid level (see page 17-28).
2. Disconnect the pump outlet hose (A) from the pump outlet with care so as not t o spill the power steering fluid on the frame and other parts, then install the pump joint adapter o r P/S joint adapter (pump) o n the pump outlet (B).
3. Connect the hose joint adapter to the P/S pressure gauge, then connect the pump outlet hose to the hose joint adapter.
4. Install the P/S pressure gauge to the pump joint adapter or P/S joint adapter (pump).
5. Fully open the shut-off valve (A).
6. Start the engine, and let it idle.
7. Turn the steering wheel from lock to lock several times to warm the fluid to operating temperature at 158 В°F (70 В°C).
8. Measure steady-state fluid pressure while the engine is idling. If the pump is in good condition, the gauge .
should read no more than 1,470 kPa (15 kgf/cm2, 213 psi).
If the reading is high, check for: -Clogged or deformed iniet or return line between the pump and the steering gearbox.
-Clogged valve body unit.
9. Let the engine idle, and gradually close the shut-off valve and immediately read the pressure.
Do not keep the shut-off valve closed more than 5 seconds or the pump could be damaged by over-heating.
10. Immediately open the shut-off valve fully.
If the pump is in good condition, the gauge should read at least 8,140-8,830 kPa (83-90 kgf/cm2, 1,180 вЂ” 1,280 psi). A low reading means the pump output is too low for full assist. Repair or replace the pump.
General Troubleshooting Information
How to Check for DTCs with the Honda Diagnostic S f stem (HDS) When the powertrain control module (PCM) senses an abnormality in the input or output system, the D indicator (A) in the gauge contro ...
Shift Lock Solenoid Replacement
Type A Shift Lever 1. Remove the shift lever assembly (see page 14-222). 2. Release the lock tabs (A) retaining the shift lock solenoid using thin-bladed screwdrivers. 3. Insert a 6.0 mm (0.24 ...
Remote Audio Controls
Three controls for the audio system are mounted in the steering wheel hub. These let you control basic functions without removing your hand from the wheel. The VOL button adjusts the volume ...