Honda Accord: Shift Fork Clearance Inspection
1. Measure the clearance between each shift fork (A) and its matching synchro sleeve (B). If the clearance exceeds the service limit, go to step 2.
Standard: 0.35-0.65 mm (0.014-0.026 inj
Service Limit: 1.0 mm (0.04 in)
2. Measure the thickness of the shift fork fingers.
- If the thickness is not within the standard, replace . the shift fork.
- If the thickness is within the standard, replace the synchro sleeve and the synchro hub as a set.
- If one arm of the shift fork shows more wear than others, the fork may be bent and needs to be replaced.
Standard: 7.4-7.6 mm (0.29-0.30 in)
3. Measure the clearance between the shift fork (A) and the shift arm (B). If the clearance exceeds the service limit, go to step 4.
Standard: 0.2-0.5 mm (0.01 - 0 . 0 2 in)
Service Limit: 0.6 mm (0.02 in)
4. Measure the width of the shift arm.
- If the width is not within the standard, replace the shift arm.
- If the width is within the standard, replace the shift fork.
Standard: 16.9-17.0 mm (0.665-0.669 in)
Crossover Network Control Unit
Driver's Door Speaker Crossover Network Control Unit 1. Remove the driver's dashboard lower cover (see page 20-166). 2. Disconnect the connector (A), then remove the driver's door speaker cross ...
Engine Oil Gallery Cap Replacement
1. Remove the harness bracket (A), then remove the engine oil gallery cap (B). 2. Clean the O-ring groove and mating surface with the engine oil gallery cap. 3. Apply new engine oil to new O-r ...
Canceling Cruise Control
You can cancel cruise control in any of these ways: Tap the brake or clutch pedal. Push the CANCEL button on the steering wheel. Push the CRUISE button on the steering wheel. ...