Honda Accord: Shift Fork Clearance Inspection
1. Measure the clearance between each shift fork (A) and its matching synchro sleeve (B). If the clearance exceeds the service limit, go to step 2.
Standard: 0.35-0.65 mm (0.014-0.026 inj
Service Limit: 1.0 mm (0.04 in)
2. Measure the thickness of the shift fork fingers.
- If the thickness is not within the standard, replace . the shift fork.
- If the thickness is within the standard, replace the synchro sleeve and the synchro hub as a set.
- If one arm of the shift fork shows more wear than others, the fork may be bent and needs to be replaced.
Standard: 7.4-7.6 mm (0.29-0.30 in)
3. Measure the clearance between the shift fork (A) and the shift arm (B). If the clearance exceeds the service limit, go to step 4.
Standard: 0.2-0.5 mm (0.01 - 0 . 0 2 in)
Service Limit: 0.6 mm (0.02 in)
4. Measure the width of the shift arm.
- If the width is not within the standard, replace the shift arm.
- If the width is within the standard, replace the shift fork.
Standard: 16.9-17.0 mm (0.665-0.669 in)
Fuel Pump Circuit Troubleshooting
If you suspect a problem with the fuel pump, check that the fuel pump actually runs; when it is on, you will hear some noise if you listen to the fuel fill port with the fuel fill cap removed. The ...
Power Window Master Switch Input
NOTE: Before testing, troubleshoot the multiplex integrated control unit first, using B-CAN System Diagnosis Test Mode A (see page 22-134). 1. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0), open and clos ...
1. Remove the center console panel (see page 20-157). 2. Disconnect the 6P (or 7P*) connector from the seat heater switch, then remove the switch. *: Front passenger's seat heater switch 3. ...