Honda Accord: Shift Fork Clearance Inspection
1. Measure the clearance between each shift fork (A) and its matching synchro sleeve (B). If the clearance exceeds the service limit, go to step 2.
Standard: 0.35-0.65 mm (0.014-0.026 inj
Service Limit: 1.0 mm (0.04 in)
2. Measure the thickness of the shift fork fingers.
- If the thickness is not within the standard, replace . the shift fork.
- If the thickness is within the standard, replace the synchro sleeve and the synchro hub as a set.
- If one arm of the shift fork shows more wear than others, the fork may be bent and needs to be replaced.
Standard: 7.4-7.6 mm (0.29-0.30 in)
3. Measure the clearance between the shift fork (A) and the shift arm (B). If the clearance exceeds the service limit, go to step 4.
Standard: 0.2-0.5 mm (0.01 - 0 . 0 2 in)
Service Limit: 0.6 mm (0.02 in)
4. Measure the width of the shift arm.
- If the width is not within the standard, replace the shift arm.
- If the width is within the standard, replace the shift fork.
Standard: 16.9-17.0 mm (0.665-0.669 in)
Receiving a Call
When you receive a call, an incoming call notification (if activated) will play and interrupt the audio system if it is on. Press the HFL Talk button to answer the call, or the HFL Back butto ...
Sunlight Sensor Test
N O T E ; Before testing t h e sensor, check for HVAC DTCs (see page 21-101). 1. Remove the sunlight sensor (see page 21 -186). With automatic lighting sensor Without automatic lighting sensor ...
Customer Service Information
Honda dealership personnel are trained professionals. They should be able to answer all your questions. If you encounter a problem that your dealership does not solve to your satisfaction, pl ...