Honda Accord: Parking Brake Inspection and Adjustment
1. Pull the parking brake lever (A) with 196 N (20 kgf, 44 Ibf) of force to fully apply the parking brake.
The parking brake lever should be locked within the specified number of clicks.
Lever locked clicks: 7 to 9 clicks
2. If the number of lever clicks is not as specified, adjust the parking brake.
1. Release the parking brake lever fully.
2. Pull out the center console rear trim (A) (see page 20-160).
3. Loosen the parking brake adjusting nut (B).
4. Raise and support the vehicle (see page 1-13).
5. Remove the rear wheels.
6. Make sure the lever (A) on the rear brake caliper contacts the arm (B).
NOTE. The lever will contact the arm when the parking brake adjusting nut is loosened.
7. Clean the mating surfaces between the brake disc and the inside of the wheel, then install the rear wheels.
8. Pull the parking brake lever 1 click.
9. Tighten the parking brake adjusting nut until the parking brakes drag slightly when the rear wheels are turned.
10. Release the parking brake lever fully, and check that the parking brakes do not drag when the rear wheels are turned. Readjust if necessary.
11. Make sure the parking brake lever is within the specified number of clicks (7 to 9 clicks).
12. Install the center console rear trim (see page 20-160).
Brake Pedal and Brake Pedal Position Switch AdjustmentPedal Height 1. Turn t h e brake p e d a l p o s i t i o n switch 45В° counterclockwise, and pull it back until it is no longer touching the brake pedal. 2. Remove the footrest (see step 4 on ...
Brake System BleedingNOTE: - Do not reuse the drained fluid. Use only new Honda DOT 3 Brake Fluid from an unopened container. Using a non-Honda brake fluid can cause corrosion and shorten the life of the system. - ...
Ignition Coil and Spark Plug
1. Remove the ignition coil cover (A). 2. Disconnect the ignition coil connectors (B), then remove the ignition coils (C). 3. Remove the spark plug and inspect them (see page 4-20). 4. Appl ...
Fuel Tank Unit Removal and
Special Tools Required Fuel Sender Wrench 07AAA-S0XA100 Removal 1. Relieve the fuel pressure (see page 11-306). 2. Remove the fuel fill cap. 3. Remove the rear seat cushion (see page 20-241). ...
PSP Switch Signal Circuit
1. Start the engine, and let it idle. 2. Align the steering wheel straight ahead. 3. Check the PSP SWITCH in the DATA LIST with the HDS. Does it indicate ON? YES-Go to step 4. NO-Go to s ...