Honda Accord: Parking Brake Inspection and Adjustment
1. Pull the parking brake lever (A) with 196 N (20 kgf, 44 Ibf) of force to fully apply the parking brake.
The parking brake lever should be locked within the specified number of clicks.
Lever locked clicks: 7 to 9 clicks
2. If the number of lever clicks is not as specified, adjust the parking brake.
1. Release the parking brake lever fully.
2. Pull out the center console rear trim (A) (see page 20-160).
3. Loosen the parking brake adjusting nut (B).
4. Raise and support the vehicle (see page 1-13).
5. Remove the rear wheels.
6. Make sure the lever (A) on the rear brake caliper contacts the arm (B).
NOTE. The lever will contact the arm when the parking brake adjusting nut is loosened.
7. Clean the mating surfaces between the brake disc and the inside of the wheel, then install the rear wheels.
8. Pull the parking brake lever 1 click.
9. Tighten the parking brake adjusting nut until the parking brakes drag slightly when the rear wheels are turned.
10. Release the parking brake lever fully, and check that the parking brakes do not drag when the rear wheels are turned. Readjust if necessary.
11. Make sure the parking brake lever is within the specified number of clicks (7 to 9 clicks).
12. Install the center console rear trim (see page 20-160).
Defaulting All the Settings
Reset all the menu and customized settings as the factory defaults. 1. Press the SETTINGS button. 1. Press and hold the DISP button. 2. Rotate to select System Settings, then press . ...
Front Seat-back Cover Replacement
Special Tools Required - KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014* -Trim Pad Remover, Snap-on A177A or equivalent, commercially available *Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888 ...
SRS Components Airbags The SRS is a safety device which, when used with the seat belt, is designed to help protect the driver and front passenger in a frontal impact exceeding a certain set limit ...