Honda Accord: Jump Starting
• Jump Starting Procedure
Turn off the power to electric devices, such as audio and lights. Turn off the engine, then open the hood.
1. Connect the first jumper cable to your
vehicle's battery terminal.
2. Connect the other end of the first jumper cable to the booster battery terminal.
- Use a 12-volt booster battery only.
3. Connect the second jumper cable to the booster battery terminal.
A battery can explode if you do not follow the correct procedure, seriously injuring anyone nearby.
Keep all sparks, open flames, and smoking materials away from the battery.
Securely attach the jumper cables clips so that they do not come off when the engine vibrates. Also be careful not to tangle the jumper cables or allow the cable ends to touch each other while attaching or detaching the jumper cables.
4. Connect the other end of the second
jumper cable to the engine mounting bolt
Do not connect this jumper cable to any other part.
5. If your vehicle is connected to another vehicle, start the assisting vehicle's engine and increase its rpm slightly.
6. Attempt to start your vehicle's engine. If it turns over slowly, check that the jumper cables have good metal-to-metal contact.
Battery performance degrades in cold conditions and may prevent the engine from starting.
• What to Do After the Engine Starts
Once your vehicle's engine has started, remove the jumper cables in the following order.
1. Disconnect the jumper cable from your vehicle's ground.
2. Disconnect the other end of the jumper cable from the booster battery terminal.
3. Disconnect the jumper cable from your vehicle's battery terminal.
4. Disconnect the other end of the jumper cable from the booster battery terminal.
Have your vehicle inspected by a nearby service station or a dealer.
Audio-HVAC Subdisplay Unit
With Navigation NOTE: вЂў Put on gloves to protect your hands. вЂў Take care not to scratch the dashboard. 1. Remove the dashboard center vent (see page 20-178). 2. Remove the screws, ...
1. Remove the front seat back panel, and seat-back cover/pad. вЂў 4-door (see page 20-221) вЂў 2-door (see page 20-213) 2. Disconnect the 2P connector (A) from the lumbar support motor (B ...
Trunk Lid Latch Switch Test
1. Open the trunk lid. 2. Disconnect the 3P connector (A) from the trunk lid latch assembly (B). 3. Check for continuity between terminals No. 1 and No. 2. вЂў There should be continui ...