Honda Accord: Shift Lever Does Not Move
Follow the procedure below if you cannot move the shift lever out of the position.
• Releasing the Lock
1. Set the parking brake.
2. Remove the key from the ignition switch.
2. Remove the built-in key from the smart entry remote.
3. Wrap a cloth around the tip of a small flattip
screwdriver. Put it into the shift lock
release slot as shown in the image, and
remove the cover.
4. Insert the key into the shift lock release slot.
5. While pushing the key down, press the shift lever release button and place the shift lever into (N.
- The lock is now released. Have the shift lever checked by a dealer as soon as possible.
Jump Starting• Jump Starting Procedure Turn off the power to electric devices, such as audio and lights. Turn off the engine, then open the hood. 1. Connect the first jumper cable to your vehicle's bat ...
OverheatingHow to Handle Overheating Overheating symptoms are as follows: • The temperature gauge needle is at the mark or the engine suddenly loses power. • Steam or spray comes out of the engine co ...
NOTE: Install the receiver/dryer as quickly as possible to prevent the system from absorbing moisture from the air. 1. Remove the A/C condenser (see page 21 -77). 2. Remove the bolts from the ...
Vehicle Identification Number
Manufacturer, Make, and Type of Vehicle 1HG: Honda of America Mfg., Inc. Honda passenger vehicle JHM: Honda Motor Co., Ltd. Honda passenger vehicle Line, Body, and Engine Type CP2: Accord/ ...