Honda Accord: Brake Pedal and Brake Pedal Position Switch Adjustment
1. Turn t h e brake p e d a l p o s i t i o n switch 45В° counterclockwise, and pull it back until it is no longer touching the brake pedal.
2. Remove the footrest (see step 4 on page 20-151), then remove the steering joint cover (see page 17-10).
3. Pull back the carpet, and find the cutout (A) in the insulation. Measure the pedal height (B) from left side middle of the brake pedal pad (C) to the floor (D) without the insulation as shown.
Standard pedal height (with carpet removed):
M/T: 156 mm (6.1 in)
A/T: 155 mm (6.1 in)
4. Loosen the pushrod locknut (A), and screw the pushrod (B) in or out with pliers until the standard pedal height from the floor is reached. After adjustment, tighten the locknut firmly. Do not adjust the pedal height with the pushrod pressed.
Brake Pedal Position Switch Adjustment
5. Lift up on the brake pedal by hand. Push in the brake pedal position switch until its plunger is fully pressed (threaded end (A) touching the pad (B) on the pedal arm). Turn the switch 45 В° clockwise to lock it. The gap between the brake pedal position switch and the pad is automatically adjusted to 0.7 mm (0.028 in) by locking the switch. Make sure the brake lights go off when the pedal is released.
6. Install all removed parts in the reverse order of removal.
7. Check the brake pedal free play.
Pedal Free Play
1. With the ignition switch in LOCK (0), inspect the free play (A) at the pedal pad (B) by pushing the brake pedal by hand. If the brake pedal free play is out of specification, adjust the brake pedal position switch (C). If the brake pedal free play is insufficient, it may result in brake drag.
Free play: 1 вЂ”5 mm (0.04вЂ”0.20 in)
Cowl Cover Replacement
Special Tools Required KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014* *Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857 Cowl Cover Replacement NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your han ...
Overview of Contents
Contents A convenient reference to the sections in this manual. Your Vehicle at a Glance A quick reference to the main controls in your vehicle. Driver and Passenger Safety Important informat ...
Front Seat Slide Motor Replacement
SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations, 2-door (see page 24-23), 4-door (see page 24-21) and the precautions and procedures (see page 24-25) before doing repair ...