Honda Accord: Oil Pump Overhaul
Oil Pump Removal
1. Turn the crankshaft pulley so its top dead center (TDC) mark (A) lines up with the pointer (B).
NOTE: The other pointer (C) is not used.
2. Remove the oil pan (see page 7-11).
3. To hold the rear balancer shaft, insert a 6 mm long pin punch (A) (Snap-on PPC108LA or equivalent) into the maintenance hole in the balancer shaft holder and through the rear balancer shaft.
4. Turn the crankshaft counterclockwise to compress the oil pump chain auto-tensioner.
5. Align the holes on the lock (A) and the oil pump chain auto-tensioner (B), then insert a 3.0 mm (0.12 in) diameter pin (C) into the holes. Turn the crankshaft clockwise to secure the pin.
6. Loosen the oil pump sprocket mounting bolt (A).
7. Remove the oil pump sprocket (A) and the oil pump (B) , then remove the oil pump chain auto-tensioner (C) .
Oil Pump Inspection
1. Remove the pump housing.
Then check the inner-to-outer rotor radial clearance between the inner rotor and the outer rotor.
If the inner-to-outer rotor radial clearance exceeds the service limit, replace the oil pump.
Inper Rotor-to-Outer Rotor Radial
Standard (New): 0.050-вЂќ0.150 mm
Service Limit: 0.19 mm (0.007 in)
3. Check the pump housing-to-rotor axial clearance between the rotor (A) and the pump housing (B). If the pump housing-to-rotor axial clearance exceeds the service limit, replace the oil pump.
Pump Housing-to-Rotor Axial Clearance
Standard (New): 0.035-вЂќ0.070 mm
Service Limit: 0.12 mm (0.005 in)
4. Check the pump housing-to-outer rotor radial clearance between the outer rotor (A) and the pump housing (B). If the pump housing-to-outer rotor radial clearance exceeds the service limit, replace the oil pump.
Pump Housing-to-Outer Rotor Radial
Standard (New): 0.150-вЂќ0.210 mm
Service Limit: 0.23 mm (0.009 in)
Oil Jet Replacement1. Remove the oil pump (see page 8-17). 2. Remove the baffle plate (see step 8 on page 7-14). 3. Remove the oil jet bolts (A), then remove the oil jets (B). 4. Carefully install the oil jets ...
Balancer Shaft Inspection1. Seat the balancer shaft by pushing it away from the oil pump sprocket end of the oil pump. 2. Zero the dial indicator against the end of the balancer shaft, then push the balancer shaft back a ...
Headlight (High'Beam) 1. Disconnect the 2P connector (A) from the headlight Headlight (High Beam): 60 W 2. Turn the bulb socket 45 В° counterclockwise to remove the bulb. 3. Install a new b ...
Your safety, and the safety of others, is very important. To help you make informed decisions, we have provided safety messages, and other safety information throughout this manual. Of course, it ...
Before you begin - If you just received your vehicle and have not trained any of the buttons in HomeLink before, you should erase any previously learned codes before training the first butto ...