Honda Accord: Oil Jet Replacement
1. Remove the oil pump (see page 8-17).
2. Remove the baffle plate (see step 8 on page 7-14).
3. Remove the oil jet bolts (A), then remove the oil jets (B).
4. Carefully install the oil jets, and tighten the oil jet bolts.
5. Install the baffle plate (see step 25 on page 7-29).
6. Install the oil pump (see page 8-23).
Oil Jet Inspection
1. Remove the oil jet (see page 8-14), and inspect it as follows.
- Make sure that a 1.2 mm (0.05 in) diameter drill will go through the nozzle hole (A) (1.31 mm (0.052 in) diameter).
- Insert the other end of a 1.9 mm (0.07 in) drill into the oil intake (2.0 mm (0.079 in) diameter). Make sure the check ball (B) moves smoothly and has a stroke of about 2.0 mm (0.079 in).
- Check the oil jet operation with an air nozzle. It should take at least 325 kPa (3.9 kgf/cm2,47psi) to unseat the check ball.
NOTE: Replace the oil jet assembly, if the nozzle is damaged or bent.
2. Carefully install the oil jet. The mounting torque is critical.
Specified Torque: 16 N-m (1.6 kgf-m, 12 Ibfft)
Component Location Index
4-door 4-door 2-door 2-door ...
Hood Opener Cable Replacement
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - Take care not to scratch the body or the related parts. - Take care not to kink the hood opener cable. 1. Remove these items: - Front grille c ...
Operating the XM Radio
To listen to XM Radio, turn the ignition switch to the ACCESSORY (I) or ON (II) position, and press the button. The last channel you listened to will show in the audio screen and the cent ...