Honda Accord: ODS Unit Operation Check
Check the ODS operation after any of these actions: вЂў Replacement of front passenger's seat component(s) (except ODS unit and/or weight sensors)
вЂў After a vehicle collision
вЂў SRS unit replacement
Preoperation Check Setup
вЂў Make sure all the components of the front passenger's seat are correctly installed.
вЂў Position the front passenger's seat to the rearmost position. Adjust the seat-back to the forward most position. Do not move the seat from this position.
вЂў Make sure nothing is on the front passenger's seat.
вЂў Make sure there is nothing in the front passenger's seat-back pocket.
вЂў Keep the windows and the moonroof closed.
вЂў Do all calibration procedures, except test-driving, in the service bay.
вЂў Make sure the vehicle is on level ground.
вЂў Turn the heater and the A/C off. .
вЂў Do not touch the passenger's seat during the operation check.
вЂў Do not expose the front passenger's seat to sudden temperature changes.
вЂў Make sure all aftermarket devices such as amplifiers, fluorescent light, air purifiers, CB or HAM radios, etc.
are turned off.
After Replacing Front Passenger's Seat Component(s)
1. Make sure the ignition switch is in LOCK (0).
2. Connect the HDS to the data link connector (DLC) (A).
3. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
4. Make sure the HDS communicates with the vehicle and the SRS unit. If it does not communicate, troubleshoot the DLC circuit (see page 11-181).
5. Drive the vehicle, accelerate to 20 mph (36 km/h), then stop on level ground.
6. From the HDS Main Menu, select SRS, then Inspection. In the Inspection Menu, select SEAT OUTPUT CHECK. Follow the prompts until the ODS unit operation check has been completed.
7. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
8. Disconnect the HDS from the DLC.
ODS Unit InitializationNOTE: вЂў After SRS unit or ODS unit is replaced, do this procedure to initialize the ODS unit. вЂў ODS unit initialization will initialize both OPDS sensor and front passenger's weight se ...
Front Passenger's Weight Sensor Output Check After a Vehicle Collision1. Position the front passenger's seat to the rear most position, and adjust the seat-back to the forward most position. Do not move the seat from this position. 2. Drive the vehicle, accelerate ...
Rear Seat-back Cover Replacement
2-door NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - Take care not to tear or damage the seat covers. 1. Remove the seat-back (see page 20-239). 2. Remove all of the head restraints. 3. ...
Front Passenger's Airbag Replacement
NOTE: If r e p l a c i n g t h e f r o n t passenger's airbag after d e p l o y m e n t , refer t o Component Replacement/ Inspection A f t e r Deployment (see page 24-208) f o r a c o m p l e t e ...