Honda Accord: Mainshaft Disassembly, Inspection, and Reassembly
1. Inspect the thrust needle bearings and the needle bearings for galling and rough movement
2. Inspect the splines for excessive wear and damage.
3. Check the shaft bearing surface for scoring and excessive wear.
4. Before installing new O-rings, wrap the shaft splines with tape to prevent the O-ring damage.
5. Lubricate all parts with ATF during assembly.
6. Install the conical spring washer and the 41 x 68 mm thrust washer in the direction shown.
7. Replace the locknut and the conical spring washer with new ones when assembling the transmission.
8. Check the clearance of 5th gear (see page 14-287).
Brake Booster Test
Functional Test 1. With the ignition switch in LOCK (0), press the brake pedal several times to deplete the vacuum reservoir, then press the brake pedal hard and hold it for 15 seconds. If the bra ...
Turn on a spotlight by pushing the lens. Push the lens again to turn it off. You can use the spotlights at all times. Except LX The spotlights have a two-position switch. In the DOOR pos ...