Honda Accord: Low Oil Pressure Indicator
Low Oil Pressure Indicator
This indicator should never come on when the engine is running. If it starts flashing or stays on, the oil pressure has dropped very low or lost pressure. Serious engine damage is possible, and you should take immediate action.
Running the engine with low oil pressure can cause serious mechanical damage almost immediately. Turn of f the engine as soon as you can saf ely get the vehicle stopped.
1. Safely pull off the road and shut off the engine. Turn on the hazard warning lights.
2. Let the vehicle sit for a minute.
Open the hood, and check the oil level. An engine very low on oil can lose pressure during cornering and other driving maneuvers.
3. If necessary, add oil to bring the level back to the full mark on the dipstick.
4. Start the engine, and watch the oil pressure indicator. If it does not go out within 10 seconds, turn off the engine. There is a mechanical problem that needs to be repaired before you can continue driving (see Emergency Towing).
Main Valve Body Disassembly,
Inspection, and Reassembly
1. Clean all parts thoroughly in solvent, and dry them with compressed air. Blow out all passages. 2. Do not use a magnet to remove the check balls, it may magnetize the balls. 3. Inspect the ...
Washer Fluid Level Switch Test
Canada models 1. Remove the right inner fender (see page 20-290). 2. Disconnect the 2P connector (A) from the washer fluid level switch (B). 3. Remove the washer fluid level switch from the w ...