Honda Accord: Low Oil Pressure Indicator
Low Oil Pressure Indicator
This indicator should never come on when the engine is running. If it starts flashing or stays on, the oil pressure has dropped very low or lost pressure. Serious engine damage is possible, and you should take immediate action.
Running the engine with low oil pressure can cause serious mechanical damage almost immediately. Turn of f the engine as soon as you can saf ely get the vehicle stopped.
1. Safely pull off the road and shut off the engine. Turn on the hazard warning lights.
2. Let the vehicle sit for a minute.
Open the hood, and check the oil level. An engine very low on oil can lose pressure during cornering and other driving maneuvers.
3. If necessary, add oil to bring the level back to the full mark on the dipstick.
4. Start the engine, and watch the oil pressure indicator. If it does not go out within 10 seconds, turn off the engine. There is a mechanical problem that needs to be repaired before you can continue driving (see Emergency Towing).
If the Engine OverheatsThe pointer of your vehicle’s temperature gauge should stay in the midrange under most conditions. If it climbs to the red mark, you should determine the reason (hot day, driving up a steep ...
Charging System IndicatorCharging System Indicator If the charging system indicator comes on brightly when the engine is running, the battery is not being charged. Immediately turn off all electrical accessories ...
Important Safety Precautions
Refer to the safety information that came with your garage door opener to test that the safety features are functioning properly. If you do not have this information, contact the manufacture ...
B-CAN System Diagnosis Test Mode
Check the ECM/PCM for DTCs and troubleshoot . ECM/PCM (see page 11-3) or F-CAN loss of communication errors first, then do this diagnosis if the symptom is related to the B-CAN system. 1. Comp ...
Washer Reservoir Replacement
1. Remove the right inner fender (see page 20-290). 2. Disconnect the 2P connector(s) (A) from the washer motor (B) and the washer fluid level switch (Canada models). Washer Reservoir Capacity: ...