Honda Accord: Glass Weatherstrip Replacement
1 . Remove the moonroof glass (see page 20-91).
2. Place a piece of masking tape (A) on the middle of the front edge of the moonroof glass (B). Make sure that the tape is on the glass only, and is not touching the weatherstrip.
3. Place a mark (C) on the masking tape that aligns with the seam (D) of the weatherstrip.
4. Push down on the top of the old weatherstrip with your thumb until a small section separates from the moonroof glass. Once a section has started to separate, grip it and pull outward, working around the moonroof glass until the weatherstrip is completely removed (note the locations of the holes in the weatherstrip).
5. Align the seam (A) of the new weatherstrip (B) to the mark (C) on the masking tape (D). Make sure the holes are pointed in the same direction as noted in step 4.
6. Press the ridge of the new weatherstrip into the groove on the moonroof glass starting at the seam.
Work toward one corner; then go back to the middle and work toward the opposite corner. Be careful not to stretch the weatherstrip.
7. Continue pressing along one side, from corner to corner; then press along the opposite side, from corner to corner.
8. At the rear of the moonroof glass, continue pressing from one corner to the middle; then press from the opposite corner to the middle until the strip is completely installed.
9. Reinstall the moonroof glass (see page 20-91).
10. Check for proper fit of the new weatherstrip by opening and closing the moonroof.
Opening and Closing the Windows
Opening/Closing the Power Windows The power windows can be opened and closed when the ignition switch is in ON , using the switches on the doors. The driver's side switches can be used to open ...
In-car Temperature Sensor Test
NOTE: Before testing the sensor, check for HVAC DTCs (see page 21-101). 1. Remove the in-car temperature sensor (see page 21-184). 2. Test the in-car temperature sensor while holding it in fr ...
Idler Gear Shaft Removal and
1. Remove the snap ring (A), the cotter retainer (B), and the 17 mm cotters (C). Do not distort the snap ring. 2. Remove the idler gear shaft/idler gear assembly (D) from the transmission housing ...