Honda Accord: Clutch Wave-plate Phase Difference Inspection
1. Place the clutch wave-plate (A) on a surface plate, and set a dial indicator (B) on the wave-plate.
2. Find the bottom (C) of a phase difference of the wave-plate, zero the dial indicator and make a reference mark on the bottom of the wave-plate.
3. Rotate the wave-plate about 60-degrees apart from the bottom while holding the wave-plate by its circumference. The dial indicator should be at the top (D) of a phase difference. Do not rotate the wave-plate while holding its surface, always rotate it while holding its edges.
4. Read the dial indicator. The dial indicator reads the phase difference (E) of the wave-plate between bottom and top.
Standard Phase Difference:
1st Clutch: 0.15-0.25 mm (0.006-0.010 in)
2nd Clutch: 0.10-0.20 mm (0.004-0.008 in)
3rd Clutch: 0.10-0.20 mm (0.004-0.008 in)
4th Clutch: 0.10-0.20 mm (0.004-0.008 in)
5th Clutch: 0.10-0.20 mm (0.004-0.008 in)
5. Rotate the wave-plate about 60-degrees. The dial indicator should be at the bottom of a phase difference (F and G), and zero the dial indicator.
6. Measure the phase difference at the other two tops (H and I) of the wave-plate by following steps 3 thru 5.
7. If two of the three measurements are within the standard, the wave-plate is OK. If two of the three measurements are out of the standard, replace the wave-plate.
Rear Brake Pad Inspection and Replacement
CAUTION Frequent inhalation of brake pad dust, regardless of material composition, could be hazardous to your health. - Avoid breathing dust particles. -Never use an air hose or brush to clea ...
Auto Door Locking
The auto door locking feature has three possible settings: The auto door locking is deactivated all the time. The doors lock whenever you move the shift lever out of the Park (P) position (A ...