Honda Accord: Cf Under Head Removal
NOTE: - Use fender covers to avoid damaging painted surfaces.
- To avoid damage, unplug the wiring connectors carefully while holding the connector portion.
- Connect the Honda Diagnostic System (HDS) to the data link connector (DLC), and monitor the engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor 1. To avoid damaging the cylinder head, wait until the ECT sensor 1 temperature drops below 100 Р’В°F (38 Р’В°C) before loosening the cylinder head bolts.
- Mark all wiring and hoses to avoid misconnection.
Also, be sure that they do not contact other wiring or hoses, or interfere with any other parts.
1. Remove the strut brace (if equipped) (see page 20-306).
2. Relieve the fuel pressure (see page 11-306).
3. Drain the engine coolant (see page 10-6).
4. Remove the drive belt (see page 4-30).
5. Remove the intake manifold (see page 9-4).
6. Remove the catalytic converter (see page 11-339).
7. Disconnect the evaporative emission (EVAP) canister hose (A).
8. Remove the quick-connect fitting cover (A), then disconnect the fuel feed hose (B) (see page 11-314).
9. Disconnect the four fuel injector connectors (A), the engine mount control solenoid valve connector (B), and remove the ground cables (C).
10. Remove the four bolts securing the EVAP canister purge valve bracket.
11. Disconnect the upper radiator hose (A), the heater hoses (B), and the water bypass hose (C).
12. Remove the two bolts (A) securing the connecting pipe.
13. Disconnect the water bypass hose (B).
14. Disconnect the following engine wire harness connectors, and remove the wire harness clamps from the cylinder head:
- Engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor 1 connector
- Camshaft position (CMP) sensor A (Intake) connector
- Camshaft position (CMP) sensor B (Exhaust) connector
- Two rocker arm oil control solenoid connectors
- Two rocker arm oil pressure switch connectors
- EVAP canister purge valve connector
- Variable valve timing control (VTC) oil control solenoid valve connector
- Engine oil pressure switch connector
15. Remove the cam chain (see page 6-62).
16. Remove the rocker arm assembly (see page 6-81).
17. Remove the cylinder head bolts. To prevent warpage, loosen the bolts in sequence 1/3 turn at a time; repeat the sequence until all bolts are loosened.
18. Remove the cylinder head.
Symptom Troubleshooting Index
1. Troubleshoot the Immobilizer system in the order shown: ...
• Use only high-quality CD-R or CD-RW discs labeled for audio use. • Use only CD-R or CD-RW discs on which the recordings are closed. • Play only standard round-shaped CDs. • CDs with M ...
If driving on snowy or frozen roads, mount all season marked M+S tires, snow tires, or tire chains; reduce speed; and maintain sufficient distance between vehicles when driving. Be particularly ...