Honda Accord: Upper Arm Replacement
Special Tools Required
- Ball Joint Thread Protector, 14 mm 07AAE-SJAA100
* Ball Joint Remover, 32 mm 07MAC-SL0A102
1. Raise and support the vehicle (see page 1-13).
2. Remove the rear wheel.
3. Remove the rear damper/spring (see page 18-49).
4. Release the parking brake lever fully.
5. Loosen the parking brake cable adjusting nut (see page 19-8).
6. Remove the flange bolt (A) from the arm (B). Then disconnect the parking brake cable from the lever (C).
7. Remove the brake caliper bracket mounting bolts (A), then remove the caliper assembly (B) from the knuckle. To prevent damage to the caliper assembly or the brake hose, use a short piece of wire to hang the caliper assembly from the undercarriage. Do not twist the brake hose excessively.
NOTE: Make sure the washers (C) position on reassembly, if they are removed (see step 8 on page 18-39).
8. Remove the lock pin (A) from the upper arm ball joint, then remove the castle nut (B).
NOTE: During installation, install the lock pin as shown after tightening the new castle nut.
9. Disconnect the upper arm ball joint from the knuckle using the ball joint thread protector and the ball joint remover (see page 18-10).
NOTE: - Be careful not to damage the ball joint boot when installing the remover.
- During installation, to connect the ball joint, position a floor jack under the connecting point of the knuckle and lower arm A, and raise the suspension with the jack.
10. Remove the wheel speed sensor harness bracket (A).
11. Remove the upper arm mounting bolts (A), then remove the upper arm (B).
NOTE: Use new mounting bolts during reassembly.
12. Install the upper arm in the reverse order of removal, and note these items; - First install all of the components, and lightly tighten the bolts and the nuts, then raise the suspension to load it with the vehicle's weight before fully tightening to the specified torque.
- Be careful not to damage the ball joint boot when connecting the knuckle.
- Before connecting the ball joint, degrease the threaded section and the tapered portion of the ball joint pin, the ball joint connecting hole, and the threaded section and the mating surfaces of the castle nut, - Torque the castle nut to the lower torque specification, then tighten it only far enough to align the slot with the ball joint pin hole. Do not align the castle nut by loosening it.
- After installing the brake caliper, make sure the clearance between lower arm B and the parking brake cable is more than 5 mm (0.2 in).
- Before installing the wheel, clean the mating surfaces on the brake disc and the inside of the wheel.
13. Check the wheel alignment, and adjust it if necessary (see page 18-5).
Rear Wheelhouse Gusset
4-door NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - Take care not to scratch the body or the related parts. 1. Remove these items: - Rear seat-back (see page 20-239) - Rear seat side bolst ...
Under-hood Fuse/Relay Box
Removal and Installation Special Tools Required Relay Puller 07AAC-000A1A0 NOTE; The under-hood fuse/relay box is a part of the left engine compartment wire harness, and it cannot be replaced by ...
Using the Remote Transmitter
Press the trunk release button for approximately one second to unlock and open the trunk. ...