Honda Accord: Trunk Lower Trim Replacement
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to scratch the trunk lid.
1. Remove the license plate from the trunk lid.
2. Remove the clips fastening the trunk lower trim (A).
3. Remove the bolts from inside the trunk lid.
4. While gently pulling out the bottom edge of the trunk lower trim (A), cut the double-sided adhesive tape (B) in the bottom edge of the trim. Take care not to scratch the trunk lid.
5. Pull out the trim to release the clips (C, D), then remove the trim from the trunk lid.
6. If the clips are damaged or stress-whitened, replace them with new ones.
7. Remove the grommets (E) from the trunk lid, then insert the grommets into the clips on the trunk lower trim.
8. Scrape off the remaining double-sided adhesive tape and the bottom EPDM sponge (foam rubber) from the trim. Also scrape off the remaining double-sided adhesive tape from the trunk lid. Clean the trim and the trunk lid surfaces with a shop towel dampened in isopropyl alcohol.
9. Attach the new double-sided adhesive tape (A) and the new bottom EPDM sponge (foam rubber) (B) to the bottom of the trim (C).
Double-sided adhesive tape:
Thickness 1.2 mm (0.047 in)
Width 15 mm (0.59 in)
Length 250 mm (9.84 in)
EPDM sponge: Thickness 3 mm (0.12 in)
Width 4 mm (0.16 in)
Length 250 mm (9.84 in)
10. Fold the edge of each adhesive backing from the double-sided adhesive tape.
11. Hold up the trim, and fit the clips into the hole in the trunk lid, then push on the trim until the clips snap into place securely.
12. Reinstall the bolts and the clips, and loosely thread the bolts.
NOTE: Apply medium strength liquid thread lock to the bolts before reinstallation.
13. Carefully pull away the adhesive backing, and push on the double-sided adhesive tape areas to make adhesive stick securely.
14. Tighten the bolts to the specified torque.
15. Reinstall the rear license plate.
ODS Unit Replacement
Removal 1. Do t h e battery t e r m i n a l disconnection procedure (see page 22-91), t h e n w a i t at least 3 minutes before s t a r t i ng work. 2. Remove t h e f r o n t passenger's seat (s ...
B-CAN System Diagnosis Test Mode
Do this diagnosis if any of the control units are not communicating (Not Available is displayed in the HDS) as found by the B-CAN System Diagnosis Test Mode A (see page 22-134). 1. Using the HDS ...
HFL Switch Removal/Installation
1. Remove the steering wheel (see page 17-6). 2. Remove the HFL switch (see page 17-7). 3. Install the HFL switch in the reverse order of removal. ...