Honda Accord: Trim Removal/Installation - Trunk Lid
Special Tools Required
KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014*
*Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands. .
- Take care not to bend or scratch the panel.
- Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to avoid damage when removing components.
1. Remove the trunk lid trim panel (A).
-1. Remove the clips (B,C).
-2. Pass the trunk lid hinges (D) through the slits (E) on both sides.
-3. Pass the trunk lid handle IF! through the hole (G).
2. Pivot the trunk lid handle (A) down on the forward hooks (B) while prying the rear hook (C), then remove the handle.
3. Install the panel in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - If the clips are damaged or stress-whitened, replace them with new ones.
- Push the clips and the hooks into place securely
Carrying Items in the Passenger Compartment
Store or secure all items that could be thrown around and hurt someone during a crash. Do not put any items on top of the rear shelf. They can block your view and be thrown around the vehic ...
General Troubleshooting Information
Intermittent Failures The term Intermittent failure means a system may have had a failure, but it checks OK now. If the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) on the dash does not come on, check for poo ...
Park Pin Switch Test
Produced in USA models 1. Remove the center console (see page 20-158). 2. Disconnect the A/T gear position indicator panel light/park pin switch 6P connector (A) from the park pin switch (B). ...