Honda Accord: Trim Removal/Installation - Trunk Area
Special Tools Required
KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014*
* Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to bend or scratch the trim or the panels.
- Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to avoid damage when removing components.
1. Fold down the rear seat-back.
2. Remove the clip that secures the trunk floor (A) and the seat-back cover (B) to the body. 2-door is shown; 4-door is similar.
3. Remove the trunk floor (A). 4-door is shown; 2-door is similar.
4. Remove the trunk lid weatherstrip near the trunk rear trim panel.
5. Detach the clips (A, B), and release the hooks (C) and the tabs (D) by pulling up the rear trim panel (E), then lemove the panel.
6. Detach the clips (A, B), and pull out the trunk side trim panel (C) from under the rear shelf (D) and the rear seat-back (E), then remove the panel. 4-door is shown; 2-door is similar.
7. Remove the tool box spacer (A). 4-door is shown; 2-door is similar.
8. Remove the spare tire.
9. Detach the clips, then remove the spare tire pan carpet (A). 4-door is shown; 2-door is similar.
10. Detach the clips (A) and the harness holders (B) from the stud bolts, then remove the rear wheelhouse insulator (C). 4-door is shown; 2-door is similar.
11. Install the trim in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - If the clips are damaged or stress-whitened, replace them with new ones.
- Push the clips and the hooks into place securely.
Side Sill Protection Tape Replacement
2-door 1. Slowly remove the old side sill protection tape. 2. Clean the body bonding surface with a shop towel dampened in isopropyl alcohol. After cleaning, keep oil, grease, and water from get ...
Rear Power Window Motor Test
1. Remove the rear power window switch (see page 22-307). 2. Test the motor in each direction by connecting battery power and ground to the rear power window switch 14P connector (A) according t ...
Multi-Information Display Warning andInformation Messages
The following messages appear only on the multi-information display. Press the (information) button to see the message again with the system message indicator on. ...