Honda Accord: Trim Removal/Installation - Trunk Area
Special Tools Required
KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014*
* Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to bend or scratch the trim or the panels.
- Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to avoid damage when removing components.
1. Fold down the rear seat-back.
2. Remove the clip that secures the trunk floor (A) and the seat-back cover (B) to the body. 2-door is shown; 4-door is similar.
3. Remove the trunk floor (A). 4-door is shown; 2-door is similar.
4. Remove the trunk lid weatherstrip near the trunk rear trim panel.
5. Detach the clips (A, B), and release the hooks (C) and the tabs (D) by pulling up the rear trim panel (E), then lemove the panel.
6. Detach the clips (A, B), and pull out the trunk side trim panel (C) from under the rear shelf (D) and the rear seat-back (E), then remove the panel. 4-door is shown; 2-door is similar.
7. Remove the tool box spacer (A). 4-door is shown; 2-door is similar.
8. Remove the spare tire.
9. Detach the clips, then remove the spare tire pan carpet (A). 4-door is shown; 2-door is similar.
10. Detach the clips (A) and the harness holders (B) from the stud bolts, then remove the rear wheelhouse insulator (C). 4-door is shown; 2-door is similar.
11. Install the trim in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - If the clips are damaged or stress-whitened, replace them with new ones.
- Push the clips and the hooks into place securely.
Park Pin Switch Test
Produced in USA models 1. Remove the center console (see page 20-158). 2. Disconnect the A/T gear position indicator panel light/park pin switch 6P connector (A) from the park pin switch (B). ...
Shift Cable Replacement
1. Remove the center console (see page 20-158). 2. Move the shift lever to R. 3. Remove the nut securing the shift cable end. 5. Rotate the socket holder retainer (A) counterclockwise (B) ...
Trunk Light Test/Replacement
1. Open the trunk lid. 2. Carefully pry out the trunk light (A). Trunk Light: 5 W 3. Disconnect the 2P connector (B) from the trunk light. 4. Check for continuity between terminals No. 1 ( + ...