Honda Accord: Tie-rod End Ball Joint Boot Replacement
Special Tools Required
Bearing Driver Attachment, 36 07965-SA50500
1 Disconnect the tie-rod end ball joint from the knuckle (see step 26 on page 17-41).
2. Remove the tie-rod end from the rack end.
3. Remove the ball joint boot from the tie-rod end, and wipe the old grease off the ball pin.
4. Pack the lower area of the ball pin (A) with fresh multipurpose grease.
5. Pack the interior of the new ball joint boot (B) and lip (C) with fresh multipurpose grease.
Note these items when installing new grease: -Keep grease off the boot mounting area (D) and the tapered section (E) of the ball pin.
-Do not allow dust, dirt, or other foreign materials to enter the boot.
6. Install the ball joint boot (A) using the bearing driver attachment. The boot must not have a gap at the boot installation sections (B). After installing the boot, check the ball pin tapered section for grease contamination, and wipe it if necessary.
7. Install the tie-rod end to the rack end.
8. Connect the tie-rod end ball joint to the knuckle (see step 32 on page 17-64).
9. Check the wheel alignment, and adjust it if necessary (see page 18-5).
Ball Joint Removal
Special Tools Required - Ball Joint Thread Protector, 14 mm 07AAE-SJAA100 - Ball Joint Thread Protector, 12 mm 07AAF-SDAA100 - Ball Joint Thread Protector, 10 mm 07AAF-SECA120 - Ball Joint Remover ...
F-CAN Circuit Troubleshooting
1. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0). 2. Jump the SCS line with the HDS. 3. Disconnect ECM/PCM connector A (49P). 4. Measure the resistance between ECM/PCM connector terminals A3 and A4. ...