Honda Accord: Tie-rod End Ball Joint Boot Replacement
Special Tools Required
Bearing Driver Attachment, 36 07965-SA50500
1 Disconnect the tie-rod end ball joint from the knuckle (see step 26 on page 17-41).
2. Remove the tie-rod end from the rack end.
3. Remove the ball joint boot from the tie-rod end, and wipe the old grease off the ball pin.
4. Pack the lower area of the ball pin (A) with fresh multipurpose grease.
5. Pack the interior of the new ball joint boot (B) and lip (C) with fresh multipurpose grease.
Note these items when installing new grease: -Keep grease off the boot mounting area (D) and the tapered section (E) of the ball pin.
-Do not allow dust, dirt, or other foreign materials to enter the boot.
6. Install the ball joint boot (A) using the bearing driver attachment. The boot must not have a gap at the boot installation sections (B). After installing the boot, check the ball pin tapered section for grease contamination, and wipe it if necessary.
7. Install the tie-rod end to the rack end.
8. Connect the tie-rod end ball joint to the knuckle (see step 32 on page 17-64).
9. Check the wheel alignment, and adjust it if necessary (see page 18-5).
Accessories and Modifications
Modifying your vehicle, or installing some non-Honda accessories, can make your vehicle unsafe. Before you make any modifications or add any accessories, be sure to read the following inform ...
Your vehicle is equipped with disc brakes at all four wheels. A power assist helps reduce the effort needed on the brake pedal. The emergency brake assist system increases the stopping force ...