Honda Accord: Throttle Body Cleaning
Do n o t i n s e r t : your fingers into the installed throve body when you turn the ignition switch to ON (II) or while the ignition switch is in ON (II). If you do, you will seriously injure your fingers if the throttle valve is activated.
1. Check for damage to the air cleaner element. If the air cleaner element is damaged, replace it (see page 11-333).
2. Remove the throttle body (see page 11-335).
3. Clean off the carbon from the throttle valve and inside the throttle body with a paper towel soaked in throttle plate cleaner.
NOTE: - Remove the throttle body to clean it.
- Be careful not to pinch your fingers.
- To avoid removing the molybdenum coating, do not clean the bearing area of the throttle shaft (A).
- Do not spray throttle plate cleaner directly on the throttle body.
- Use Honda genuine throttle plate cleaner.
4. Install the throttle body (see page 11-335).
5. Reset the ECM/PCM with the HDS (see page 11-4).
6. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), and wait 2 seconds.
7. Do the ECM/PCM idle learn procedure (see page 11-293).
Lower Arm Removal / Installation
Special Tools Required - Ball Joint Thread Protector, 14 mm 07AAE-SJAA100 - Ball Joint Remover, 28 mm 07MAC-SL0A202 - Bushing Driver 070AF-TA0A100 - Bushing Receiver Set 070AF-TA0A220 Removal/Ins ...
Gearshift Mechanism Replacement
NOTE: Make sure not to get any silicone grease on the terminal part of the connectors and switches, especially if you have silicone grease on your hands or gloves. ...
You may use a synthetic motor oil if it meets the same requirements given for a conventional motor oil: it displays the API Certification Seal, and it is the proper weight. You must follow t ...