Honda Accord: Throttle Body Cleaning
Do n o t i n s e r t : your fingers into the installed throve body when you turn the ignition switch to ON (II) or while the ignition switch is in ON (II). If you do, you will seriously injure your fingers if the throttle valve is activated.
1. Check for damage to the air cleaner element. If the air cleaner element is damaged, replace it (see page 11-333).
2. Remove the throttle body (see page 11-335).
3. Clean off the carbon from the throttle valve and inside the throttle body with a paper towel soaked in throttle plate cleaner.
NOTE: - Remove the throttle body to clean it.
- Be careful not to pinch your fingers.
- To avoid removing the molybdenum coating, do not clean the bearing area of the throttle shaft (A).
- Do not spray throttle plate cleaner directly on the throttle body.
- Use Honda genuine throttle plate cleaner.
4. Install the throttle body (see page 11-335).
5. Reset the ECM/PCM with the HDS (see page 11-4).
6. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), and wait 2 seconds.
7. Do the ECM/PCM idle learn procedure (see page 11-293).
Idle Speed Inspection
NOTE: - Before checking the idle speed, check these items: - The malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) has not been reported on, and there are no DTCs. - Ignition timing - Spark plug ...
Fuel Gauge Sending Unit Test
NOTE: For the fuel gauge system circuit diagram, refer to the Gauges Circuit Diagram (see page 22-336). 1. Check the No. 5 METER (7.5 A) fuse in the driver's under-dash fuse/relay box before test ...
Installing a Child Seat
After selecting a proper child seat and a good place to install the seat, there are three main steps in installing the seat: 1. Properly secure the child seat to the vehicle. All child seats ...