Honda Accord: Throttle Body Cleaning
Do n o t i n s e r t : your fingers into the installed throve body when you turn the ignition switch to ON (II) or while the ignition switch is in ON (II). If you do, you will seriously injure your fingers if the throttle valve is activated.
1. Check for damage to the air cleaner element. If the air cleaner element is damaged, replace it (see page 11-333).
2. Remove the throttle body (see page 11-335).
3. Clean off the carbon from the throttle valve and inside the throttle body with a paper towel soaked in throttle plate cleaner.
NOTE: - Remove the throttle body to clean it.
- Be careful not to pinch your fingers.
- To avoid removing the molybdenum coating, do not clean the bearing area of the throttle shaft (A).
- Do not spray throttle plate cleaner directly on the throttle body.
- Use Honda genuine throttle plate cleaner.
4. Install the throttle body (see page 11-335).
5. Reset the ECM/PCM with the HDS (see page 11-4).
6. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), and wait 2 seconds.
7. Do the ECM/PCM idle learn procedure (see page 11-293).
Transmission Range Switch
1. Raise the vehicle on a lift, or apply the parking brake, block the rear wheels, and raise the front of the vehicle. Make sure it is securely supported. 2. Remove the left front wheel. 3. Mo ...
DOT Tire Quality Grading (U.S. Vehicles)
The tires on your vehicle meet all U.S. Federal Safety Requirements. All tires are also graded for treadwear, traction, and temperature performance according to Department of Transportation (DOT ...