Honda Accord: Brake Booster Replacement
1. Remove the cowl cover (see page 20-278).
2. Remove the strut brace (if equipped) (see page 20-306).
3. Remove the master cylinder (see page 19-26).
4. Disconnect the brake booster vacuum hose (A) from the brake booster.
5. Remove the under-hood fuse/relay box bracket (A), then remove the engine wire harness clamps (B).
6. Remove the brake lines (A) from the hose clamp (B).
7 Remove the lock pin (A) and the clevis pin (B), then disconnect the yoke from the brake pedal.
8. Remove the brake booster mounting nuts (C).
9. Remove the brake booster (A) from the engine compartment.
- Be careful not to damage the brake booster mounting surfaces and the threads on the booster studs.
- Be careful not to bend or damage the brake lines.
NOTE: Use the new brake booster gasket (B) during reassembly.
10. Install the brake booster in the r e v e r s e order of removal, and note these items: - Install the master cylinder after installing the brake booster (see page 19-26).
- Check the brake pedal height and free play after installing the master cylinder, and adjust it if necessary (see page 19-6).
- Bleed the brake system (see page 19-9).
'10 model w i t h navigation system '08-09 models with navigation system Without navigation system with climate control system With HVAC control system ...
Navigation Communication Line Circuit
1. Operate the climate control system in several modes. Is the climate control system OK? YES-Go to step 2. NO-Do the self-diagnostic function with the HDS (see page 21-102) or climate control ...