Honda Accord: Brake Booster Replacement
1. Remove the cowl cover (see page 20-278).
2. Remove the strut brace (if equipped) (see page 20-306).
3. Remove the master cylinder (see page 19-26).
4. Disconnect the brake booster vacuum hose (A) from the brake booster.
5. Remove the under-hood fuse/relay box bracket (A), then remove the engine wire harness clamps (B).
6. Remove the brake lines (A) from the hose clamp (B).
7 Remove the lock pin (A) and the clevis pin (B), then disconnect the yoke from the brake pedal.
8. Remove the brake booster mounting nuts (C).
9. Remove the brake booster (A) from the engine compartment.
- Be careful not to damage the brake booster mounting surfaces and the threads on the booster studs.
- Be careful not to bend or damage the brake lines.
NOTE: Use the new brake booster gasket (B) during reassembly.
10. Install the brake booster in the r e v e r s e order of removal, and note these items: - Install the master cylinder after installing the brake booster (see page 19-26).
- Check the brake pedal height and free play after installing the master cylinder, and adjust it if necessary (see page 19-6).
- Bleed the brake system (see page 19-9).
Selector Control Shaft Oil Seal
Special Tools Required -Driver Handle, 15 x 135L 07749-0010000 -Oil Seal Driver Attachment 07947-ZV00100 1. Remove the oil seal (A) from the torque converter housing (B). 2. Install a new oil s ...
Rear Brake Pad Inspection and Replacement
CAUTION Frequent inhalation of brake pad dust, regardless of material composition, could be hazardous to your health. - Avoid breathing dust particles. -Never use an air hose or brush to clea ...