Honda Accord: Shift Lever Removal
1. Remove the center console (see page 20-158).
2. Move the shift lever to R.
3. Remove the nut securing the shift cable end.
4. Unlock the retainer (A).
5. Rotate the socket holder retainer (A) counterclockwise (B) until it stops, and push the retainer lock (C) into the socket holder retainer to lock the retainer.
6. Slide the socket holder (A) away from the bracket as shown to remove the shift cable (B) from the shift cable bracket (C). Do not remove the shift cable by pulling the shift cable guide (D).
7. Disconnect the shift lock solenoid connector (A) and the park pin switch/A/T gear position indicator panel light connector (B).
Type A Shift Lever
Type B Shift Lever
8. Remove the shift lock solenoid connector, the park pin switch/A/T gear position indicator panel light connector, and the harness cover (C) from the shift lever bracket base.
9. Remove the shift lever mounting bolts (D), then remove the shift lever assembly (E).
Inboard Joint Side
1. Wrap the splines with on the driveshaft vinyl tape (A) to prevent damaging the inboard boot. 2. Install the inboard boot onto the driveshaft, then remove the vinyl tape. Be careful not to dama ...
Air Mix Control Motor Test
NOTE: Before testing the motor, check for HVAC DTCs (see page 21-9). 1. Disconnect the 7P connector from the air mix control motor. Incorrectly applying power and ground to the air mix contro ...