Honda Accord: Shift Lever Removal
1. Remove the center console (see page 20-158).
2. Move the shift lever to R.
3. Remove the nut securing the shift cable end.
4. Unlock the retainer (A).
5. Rotate the socket holder retainer (A) counterclockwise (B) until it stops, and push the retainer lock (C) into the socket holder retainer to lock the retainer.
6. Slide the socket holder (A) away from the bracket as shown to remove the shift cable (B) from the shift cable bracket (C). Do not remove the shift cable by pulling the shift cable guide (D).
7. Disconnect the shift lock solenoid connector (A) and the park pin switch/A/T gear position indicator panel light connector (B).
Type A Shift Lever
Type B Shift Lever
8. Remove the shift lock solenoid connector, the park pin switch/A/T gear position indicator panel light connector, and the harness cover (C) from the shift lever bracket base.
9. Remove the shift lever mounting bolts (D), then remove the shift lever assembly (E).
Check the condition of the wiper blades at least every six months. Replace them if you find signs of cracking in the rubber, areas that are getting hard, or if they leave streaks and unwiped ...
Accessory Power Sockets
Your vehicle has two accessory power sockets; one is at the front of the center console and the other is in the console compartment. To use an accessory power socket, the ignition switch mu ...
Intermediate Shaft Reassembly
Exploded View Special Tools Required -Oil Seal Driver 07GAD-PH70201 -Half Shaft Base 07NAF-SR30101 -Attachment 52 x 55 mm 07746-0010400 -Attachment 35 mm I.D. 07746-0030400 -Driver Handle, 15 ...