Honda Accord: Shift Lever Removal
1. Remove the center console (see page 20-158).
2. Move the shift lever to R.
3. Remove the nut securing the shift cable end.
4. Unlock the retainer (A).
5. Rotate the socket holder retainer (A) counterclockwise (B) until it stops, and push the retainer lock (C) into the socket holder retainer to lock the retainer.
6. Slide the socket holder (A) away from the bracket as shown to remove the shift cable (B) from the shift cable bracket (C). Do not remove the shift cable by pulling the shift cable guide (D).
7. Disconnect the shift lock solenoid connector (A) and the park pin switch/A/T gear position indicator panel light connector (B).
Type A Shift Lever
Type B Shift Lever
8. Remove the shift lock solenoid connector, the park pin switch/A/T gear position indicator panel light connector, and the harness cover (C) from the shift lever bracket base.
9. Remove the shift lever mounting bolts (D), then remove the shift lever assembly (E).
HFL Switch Test
1. Remove the driver's airbag (see page 24-211) 2. Remove the steering wheel (see page 17-6). 3. Measure the resistance between terminals No. 3 and No. 4 in each switch position according to the ...
Front Seat Belt Replacement
Front Seat Belt - 2-door SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations (see page 24-23) and the precautions and procedures (see page 24-25) before doing repairs or se ...
NOTE: Put on gloves to protect your hands. 1. Remove the headliner (see page 20-140). 2. Disconnect the connector (A), and remove the screws, then remove the motor (B). 3. Install the motor ...