Honda Accord: Shift Lever Removal
1. Remove the center console (see page 20-158).
2. Move the shift lever to R.
3. Remove the nut securing the shift cable end.
4. Unlock the retainer (A).
5. Rotate the socket holder retainer (A) counterclockwise (B) until it stops, and push the retainer lock (C) into the socket holder retainer to lock the retainer.
6. Slide the socket holder (A) away from the bracket as shown to remove the shift cable (B) from the shift cable bracket (C). Do not remove the shift cable by pulling the shift cable guide (D).
7. Disconnect the shift lock solenoid connector (A) and the park pin switch/A/T gear position indicator panel light connector (B).
Type A Shift Lever
Type B Shift Lever
8. Remove the shift lock solenoid connector, the park pin switch/A/T gear position indicator panel light connector, and the harness cover (C) from the shift lever bracket base.
9. Remove the shift lever mounting bolts (D), then remove the shift lever assembly (E).
DTC Troubleshooting Index
HandsFreeLink Control Unit ...
Cruise Control Combination
SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations: 2-door fsee page 24-23) 4-door (see page 24-21) Precautions and procedures (see page 24-25), in the SRS before d ...
Be careful when you are using the beverage holders. A spilled liquid that is very hot can scald you or your passengers. Spilled liquids can damage the upholstery, carpeting, and electrical c ...