Honda Accord: ATF Filter Replacement
NOTE: The ATF filter is not a scheduled maintenance item. Replace the filter only if it is leaking, or contaminated, or when the transmission is being overhauled or replaced with a remanufactured unit.
1. Raise the vehicle on a lift, or apply the parking brake, block the rear wheels, and raise the front of the vehicle. Make sure it is securely supported.
2. Remove the splash shield. 3. Remove the drain plug (A), and drain the ATF.
4. Reinstall the drain plug with a new sealing washer (B).
5. Disconnect the ATF cooler hoses (A) from the ATF filter (B).
6. Remove the ATF filter holder (C).
7. Replace the ATF filter, then secure it with the ATF filter holder and the bolt.
8. Connect the ATF cooler hoses to the ATF filter, and secure the hoses with the clips (see page 14-220).
9. Install the splash shield.
10. Refill the transmission with ATF (see step 4 on page 14-192).
Disc Changer Error Messages (Models with navigation system)
The chart on the right explains the error messages you may see in the center display while playing a disc. If you see an error message in the center display while playing a disc, press the ej ...
Rocker Arm and Shaft inspection
1. Remove the rocker arm assembly (see page 6-81). 2. Disassemble the rocker arm assembly (see page 6-82). 3. Measure the diameter of the shaft at the first rocker location. 4. Zero the gau ...
Maintenance Display The maintenance minder is an important feature of the information display. Based on engine and transmission operating conditions, the Accord's onboard computer (ECM/PCM) calcul ...