Honda Accord: Rear Bumper Removal/Installation
NOTE: - Have an assistant help you when removing and installing the rear bumper.
- Take care not to scratch the rear bumper or the body.
- Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- When prying with a flat-tip screwdriver, wrap it with protective tape to prevent damage.
1. Remove the caps (A). Remove the clips (B), the screws (C, D)f and the bolts (E) securing the rear bumper (F).
NOTE: To release the clips, pry up on the center pin at the notch (G).
2. Pull out the rear bumper (A) at the wheel arch areas to release it from the hooks (B) on the side spacers (C).
3. With the help of an assistant, pull out one side of the rear bumper (A) to release the hooks (B) on the side bracket (C) as shown. Repeat this step on the opposite side.
4. With the help of an assistant pull out the rear bumper (A) to release the hooks (B) on the upper brackets (C).
2-door: Disconnect the rear license plate light connector (D).
5. If necessary, remove the rear bumper absorber (A) from the rear bumper beam (B) by pulling the absorber to release the posts (C) on both sides.
6. Install the bumper in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - Make sure the rear bumper engages the hooks (of both the side brackets and the side spacers) on each side securely.
- If the clips are damaged or stress-whitened, replace them with new ones.
- Push the clips, the hooks, and the posts into place securely.
Trunk Lid Opener/Fuel Fill Door Opener
Special Toots Required KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014* *Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857 NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - Take care not t ...
Front Seat Torsion Bar Replacement
2-door Driver's seat (manual height adjustable seat) NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - Take care not to tear or damage the seat covers. - When prying with a flat-tip screwdriver, ...
Front Air Spoiler Replacement
NOTE: -Take care not to scratch the front bumper, - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - When prying with a flat-tip screwdriver, wrap it with protective tape to prevent damage. 1. Remove ...