Honda Accord: Shift Lever Housing Replacement
NOTE: - Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to avoid damage when removing components.
- Take care not to scratch the center console, dashboard, and related parts.
1. Remove the center console panel (see page 20-157).
2. Remove the harness clamps.
3. Remove the cotter pin (A), the washer (B), and the bolts.
4. Unlock the retainer lock (A).
5. Rotate the socket holder retainer (B) counterclockwise (C) until it stops, and push the retainer lock (D) into the socket holder retainer to lock the retainer.
6. Slide the socket holder (E) and the shift cable (F) out of the shift cable bracket (G). Do not remove the shift cable by pulling the shift cable guide (H).
7. Remove the shift lever assembly (A) from the shift cables (B).
8. Align the socket holder (A) on the shift cables (B) with the slot in the bracket base (C), then slide the holder into the base. Install the shift cable ends (D) to the shift lever assembly (E) then install the shift lever assembly.
NOTE; When installing the shift cable (shift lever side), position the serrated side (F) facing up.
9. Install the bolts, the washer (A), and the cotter pin (B), then bend the cotter pin ends.
NOTE: You can install a new cotter pin from either direction.
10. Install the harness clamps.
11. Install the center console panel (see page 20-157).
DTC Troubleshooting Index
NOTE: The "x" at the end of each DTC denotes a numeric character (0 thru 9), or items with an asterisk (*) (0, 2 thru 9), or an alpha character (A thru F) that you will see on the HDS ...
To help increase tire life and distribute wear more evenly, rotate the tires according to the maintenance messages displayed on the information display. Move the tires to the positions sh ...