Honda Accord: Shift Lever Housing Replacement
NOTE: - Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to avoid damage when removing components.
- Take care not to scratch the center console, dashboard, and related parts.
1. Remove the center console panel (see page 20-157).
2. Remove the harness clamps.
3. Remove the cotter pin (A), the washer (B), and the bolts.
4. Unlock the retainer lock (A).
5. Rotate the socket holder retainer (B) counterclockwise (C) until it stops, and push the retainer lock (D) into the socket holder retainer to lock the retainer.
6. Slide the socket holder (E) and the shift cable (F) out of the shift cable bracket (G). Do not remove the shift cable by pulling the shift cable guide (H).
7. Remove the shift lever assembly (A) from the shift cables (B).
8. Align the socket holder (A) on the shift cables (B) with the slot in the bracket base (C), then slide the holder into the base. Install the shift cable ends (D) to the shift lever assembly (E) then install the shift lever assembly.
NOTE; When installing the shift cable (shift lever side), position the serrated side (F) facing up.
9. Install the bolts, the washer (A), and the cotter pin (B), then bend the cotter pin ends.
NOTE: You can install a new cotter pin from either direction.
10. Install the harness clamps.
11. Install the center console panel (see page 20-157).
Manual transmission only The fluid level should be between theMINandMAXmarks on the side of the reservoir. If it is not, add brake fluid to bring it up to that level. Use the same fluid spec ...
How to Use This Manual
This manual is divided into multiple sections.The first page of each section is marked with a black tab that lines up with its corresponding thumb index tab on this page and the back cover. You c ...
To Stop Playing a USB Flash Memory Device
To play the radio, press the FM, AM, or button. Press the CD/ AUX button to switch between disc mode (if a disc is loaded) and the USB and AUX. On models without XM Radio, press the CD butt ...