Honda Accord: Transmission Range Switch Test
1. Raise the vehicle on a lift, or apply the parking brake, block the rear wheels, and raise the front of the . vehicle. Make sure it is securely supported.
2. Remove the left front wheel.
3. Disconnect the transmission range switch subharness connector (A), then remove the connector from the connector bracket (B).
Wire side o f male terminals
4. Remove the harness clamps (C) from the clamp bracket (D).
5. Check for continuity between the terminals at the subharness connector. There should be continuity between the terminals in the following table for each switch position.
Transmission Range Switch Subharness Connector
6. Transmission range switch test is completed if the test results are OK, go to step 13.
If there is no continuity between any terminals, go to step 7.
7. Remove the transmission range switch cover.
8. Disconnect the transmission range switch connector.
9. Check for continuity between the terminals at the transmission range switch connector. There should be continuity between the terminals in the following table for each transmission range switch position.
Transmission Range Switch Connector
10. If the transmission range switch continuity check is OK, replace the faulty transmission range switch subharness.
If there is no continuity between any terminals, go to step 11.
11. Remove the transmission range switch, and check the end of the selector control shaft (A).
Selector Control Shaft Specifications:
Width (B): 6.1 - 6 . 2 mm (0.240-0.244 in)
End Gap (C): 1.8-2.0 mm (0.07-0.08 in)
12. If the measurements of the selector control shaft end are within the standard, replace the transmission range switch (see page 14-240). If the measurements are out of the standard, repair the selector control shaft end, and recheck the transmission range switch continuity.
13. Check the connectors for rust, dirt, or oil, and clean or repair if necessary. Then connect the connector securely.
14. Install the harness clamps to the clamp bracket.
15. Install the transmission range switch cover.
16. Install the left front wheel.
Oil Filter Feed Pipe Replacement
1. Remove the oil filter base (see page 8-13). 2. Remove the oil filter feed pipe. 3. Install the two 20 x 1.5 mm nuts (A) onto the new oil filter feed pipe. Hold one nut with a wrench, then us ...
Connecting Rod Bearing Replacement
Connecting Rod Bearing Clearance Inspection 1. Remove the oil pump (see page 8-17). 2. Remove the baffle plate (see step 8 on page 7-14). 3. Remove the connecting rod cap and the bearing half. ...
PSP Switch Signal Circuit
1. Start the engine, and let it idle. 2. Align the steering wheel straight ahead. 3. Check the PSP SWITCH in the DATA LIST with the HDS. Does it indicate ON? YES-Go to step 4. NO-Go to s ...