Honda Accord: Shift Fork Clearance Inspection
1. Measure the clearance between each shift fork (A) and its matching synchro sleeve (B). If the clearance exceeds the service limit, go to step 2.
Standard: 0.35-0.65 mm (0.014-0.026 inj
Service Limit: 1.0 mm (0.04 in)
2. Measure the thickness of the shift fork fingers.
- If the thickness is not within the standard, replace . the shift fork.
- If the thickness is within the standard, replace the synchro sleeve and the synchro hub as a set.
- If one arm of the shift fork shows more wear than others, the fork may be bent and needs to be replaced.
Standard: 7.4-7.6 mm (0.29-0.30 in)
3. Measure the clearance between the shift fork (A) and the shift arm (B). If the clearance exceeds the service limit, go to step 4.
Standard: 0.2-0.5 mm (0.01 - 0 . 0 2 in)
Service Limit: 0.6 mm (0.02 in)
4. Measure the width of the shift arm.
- If the width is not within the standard, replace the shift arm.
- If the width is within the standard, replace the shift fork.
Standard: 16.9-17.0 mm (0.665-0.669 in)
Component Location Index
'10 model With navigation Without navigation ...
VSA Sensor Neutral Position Memorization
NOTE: Do not press the brake pedal during this procedure. 1. Park the vehicle on a flat and level surface, with the steering wheel in the straight ahead position. 2. With the ignition switch i ...
Playing AM/FM Radio
The ST indicator appears on the display indicating stereo FM broadcasts. Stereo reproduction in AM is not available. Switching the Audio Mode Press the SOURCE button on the steering wheel. ...