Honda Accord: Shift Fork Clearance Inspection
1. Measure the clearance between each shift fork (A) and its matching synchro sleeve (B). If the clearance exceeds the service limit, go to step 2.
Standard: 0.35-0.65 mm (0.014-0.026 inj
Service Limit: 1.0 mm (0.04 in)
2. Measure the thickness of the shift fork fingers.
- If the thickness is not within the standard, replace . the shift fork.
- If the thickness is within the standard, replace the synchro sleeve and the synchro hub as a set.
- If one arm of the shift fork shows more wear than others, the fork may be bent and needs to be replaced.
Standard: 7.4-7.6 mm (0.29-0.30 in)
3. Measure the clearance between the shift fork (A) and the shift arm (B). If the clearance exceeds the service limit, go to step 4.
Standard: 0.2-0.5 mm (0.01 - 0 . 0 2 in)
Service Limit: 0.6 mm (0.02 in)
4. Measure the width of the shift arm.
- If the width is not within the standard, replace the shift arm.
- If the width is within the standard, replace the shift fork.
Standard: 16.9-17.0 mm (0.665-0.669 in)
Installing a Child Seat with LATCH
Your vehicle is equipped with LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) at the outer rear seats. The lower anchors are located between the seat-back and seat bottom, and are to be used ...
This shows how much fuel you have. It may show slightly more or less than the actual amount. The needle returns to the bottom after you turn off the ignition. Avoid driving with an extremely ...
Taking Care of the Unexpected
This section covers the more common problems that motorists experience with their vehicles. It gives you information about how to safely evaluate the problem and what to do to correct it. If ...