Honda Accord: Subframe Replacement
Special Tools Required
Subframe Alignment Pin 070AG-SJAA10S
Front Subframe Torque
After removing the subframe mounting bolts, the front subframe middle rubber mount mounting bolts, the front subframe rear stiffener mounting bolts, and the rear engine mounting base bracket mounting bolts, be sure to replace them with new ones.
Front Subframe Alignment
NOTE: Align the front subframe with the subframe alignment pin.
1 Align the front subframe (A) in the following sequence.
-1. Lift the front subframe up to the body, and loosely install the new subframe mounting bolts (B), the front stiffener mounting bolts (C), the new rear stiffener mounting bolts (D) and the stiffeners (E).
-2. Loosely install the new subframe middle mounting bolts (F, G) securing the subframe middle mounts (H).
-3. Insert the subframe alignment pin (I) through the positioning slot (J) on the right rear stiffener, through the positioning hole (K) on the subframe, and into the positioning hole (L) on the body, then loosely tighten the subframe right rear mounting bolt.
-4. Insert the subframe alignment pin through the positioning slot on the left rear stiffener, through the positioning hole on the subframe, and into the positioning hole on the body, then loosely tighten the subframe left rear mounting bolt.
-5. Tighten the subframe mounting bolts to the specified torque values starting with the right rear subframe mounting bolt. Use the subframe alignment pin when tightening the rear side subframe mounting bolts.
-6. Check all of the subframe mounting bolts, and retighten if necessary.
NOTE: Tighten the bolts in the sequence shown.
2. Tighten the bolts securing the subframe middle mounts to the specified torque.
3. After reinstalling all removed parts, check and adjust the front wheel alignment (see page 18-5).
Rear Subframe Torque
NOTE: - Install the rear subframe by aligning the installation positioning holes and positioning holes with the subframe alignment pin.
- Always replace any removed subframe mounting bolts with new ones.
Cylinder Head Cover Installation
1. Thoroughly clean the head cover gasket and the groove. 2. Install the head cover gasket (A) in the groove of the cylinder head cover (B). 3. Check that the mating surfaces are clean and dry ...
To Stop Playing Your iPod
To play the radio, press the FM/AM, or button. Press the CD button to switch to the disc mode. Press the AUX button to switch back to the iPod. Disconnecting an iPod You can disconnect the ...
Drain Channel Replacement
1. Remove the moonroof glass (see page 20-91). 2. On both sides, slide the glass brackets (A) with the moonroof switch to the position where the moonroof normally tilts up and disconnect the drai ...