Honda Accord: Instrument Visor Removal/Installation
Special Tools Required
KTC Trim Too! Set SOJATP2014*
*Available through the Honda Tool a n d Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857
NOTE: - Take care not to scratch the dashboard or the related parts.
- Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to avoid damage when removing components.
1. Adjust the steering column to the full tilt down position.
2. Detach the clips fastening the column blind cover (A) from the upper column cover (B) by hand.
3. If necessary, release the hooks (A), then remove the column blind cover (B) from the instrument visor (C).
4. Gently pull out along the edge of the instrument visor (A) to detach the clips (B, C) and release the hooks (D, E), and release the hooks (E) by pulling out the visor, then remove the visor.
5. Install the visor in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - If the clips are damaged or stress-whitened, replace them with new ones.
- Push the clips and the hooks into place securely
MICU input Test
NOTE: Before testing, troubleshoot the multiplex integrated control unit first, using B-CAN System Diagnosis Test Mode A (see page 22-134). Driver's MICU 1. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0), ...
Component Location Index
2-door 4-door ...
Countershaft Reverse Selector Hub and
3rd Gear Removal
1. Install a commercially available bearing separator on 4th gear (A). Set the countershaft (B) on a press with a spacer (C) between the press and the countershaft, and remove the reverse selector ...