Honda Accord: Driver's Dashboard Lower Cover Removal/Installation
Special Tools Required
KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014*
* Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857
NOTE; - Take care not to scratch the dashboard or the related parts.
- Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to avoid damage when removing components.
1 . Adjust the steering column to the full tilt up position.
2. Remove the driver's dashboard lower cover (A).
-1. Pull out the bottom of the cover to detach the clips (B).
-2. Pull out along the edge of the cover to detach the clips (C).
-3. Release the bottom hooks (D).
-4. Disconnect the VSA OFF switch connector (E).
3. If necessary, remove the screws, and release the hooks (A), then remove the pocket trim (B) from the driver's dashboard lower cover (C).
4. Install the cover in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - If the clips are damaged or stress-whitened, replace them with new ones.
- If the hooks are damaged or stress-whitened, replace the driver's dashboard lower cover with a new one.
- Make sure the VSA OFF switch connector is plugged in properly.
- Push the clips and the hooks into place securely.
When preparing to tow, and before driving away, be sure to check the following: The vehicle has been properly serviced, and the suspension and the cooling system are in good operating condi ...
Front Passenger's Airbag Replacement
NOTE: If r e p l a c i n g t h e f r o n t passenger's airbag after d e p l o y m e n t , refer t o Component Replacement/ Inspection A f t e r Deployment (see page 24-208) f o r a c o m p l e t e ...