Honda Accord: Front Splash Shield Replacement
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to scratch the body.
- When prying with a flat-tip screwdriver, wrap it with protective tape to prevent damage.
- 4-door is shown; 2-door is similar.
1. Remove the front wheel.
2. Remove the front splash shield (A).
-1. Detach the clip (B) that secures the front splash shield to the body.
-2. Detach the clips (C) that secure the front inner fender (D) and the front splash shield to the body.
-3. From under the front bumper (E), detach the clips (F) that secure the front bumper, the front inner fender, and the front splash shield to the body.
-4. From under the front bumper, detach the clips (G) that secure the front bumper and the front splash shield to the body.
-5. From under the body, detach the clips (H) that secure the front splash shield to the front subframe.
-6. Release the hooks (I) of the front splash shield, then pull out the splash shield.
NOTE: To release the clips, pry up on the center pin at the notch (J).
3, Install the splash shield in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - If the clips are damaged or stress-whitened, replace them with new ones.
- Push the clips and the hooks into place securely.
F-CAN Circuit Troubleshooting
1. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0). 2. Jump the SCS line with the HDS. 3. Disconnect ECM/PCM connector A (49P). 4. Measure the resistance between ECM/PCM connector terminals A3 and A4. ...
Gauge Control Module Input Test
NOTE: Before testing, do the gauge control module self-diagnosis function (see page 22-332), and make sure the B-CAN communication lines are OK. 1. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0). 2. Re ...