Honda Accord: Door Position Adjustment
NOTE: Check for a flush fit with the body, then check for equal gaps between the front, rear, and bottom door edges and the body. Check that the door and body edges are parallel.
1. Place the vehicle on a firm, level surface when adjusting the doors.
2. Adjust at the hinges (A): - Pad a floor jack (B) with shop towels (C), then use the jack to support the door while adjusting it.
- On the front door: Remove the front inner fender (see page 20-290). Loosen the hinge mounting bolts (D) slightly, and move the door backward or forward, up or down as necessary to equalize the gaps.
- On the rear door: Loosen the hinge mounting bolts (E) slightly, and move the door backward or forward, up or down as necessary to equalize the gaps.
3. If necessary, replace the door mounting bolts with the adjusting bolts made specifically for door adjustment, then adjust at the door: Loosen the door mounting bolts (F) slightly, and move the door up or down as necessary to equalize the gaps, and move it in or out until is not flush with the body.
NOTE: Refer to the Parts Catalog if you need use an adjusting bolt.
4. Check that the door and the body edges are parallel. If necessary, adjust the door cushions (A) to make the rear of the doors flush with the body.
5. Apply touch-up paint to the hinge mounting bolts, and around the hinges.
6. Check for water leaks (see step 9 on page 20-57).
Trunk Lid Opener/Fuel Fill Door Opener
Special Toots Required KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014* *Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857 NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - Take care not t ...
If equipped Turn the fog lights on and off by turning the switch next to the headlight switch. You can use the fog lights only when the headlights are on low beam. With the light switch in ...