Honda Accord: Door Position Adjustment
NOTE: Check for a flush fit with the body, then check for equal gaps between the front, rear, and bottom door edges and the body. Check that the door and body edges are parallel.
1. Place the vehicle on a firm, level surface when adjusting the doors.
2. Adjust at the hinges (A): - Pad a floor jack (B) with shop towels (C), then use the jack to support the door while adjusting it.
- On the front door: Remove the front inner fender (see page 20-290). Loosen the hinge mounting bolts (D) slightly, and move the door backward or forward, up or down as necessary to equalize the gaps.
- On the rear door: Loosen the hinge mounting bolts (E) slightly, and move the door backward or forward, up or down as necessary to equalize the gaps.
3. If necessary, replace the door mounting bolts with the adjusting bolts made specifically for door adjustment, then adjust at the door: Loosen the door mounting bolts (F) slightly, and move the door up or down as necessary to equalize the gaps, and move it in or out until is not flush with the body.
NOTE: Refer to the Parts Catalog if you need use an adjusting bolt.
4. Check that the door and the body edges are parallel. If necessary, adjust the door cushions (A) to make the rear of the doors flush with the body.
5. Apply touch-up paint to the hinge mounting bolts, and around the hinges.
6. Check for water leaks (see step 9 on page 20-57).
Knuckle/Hub Bearing Unit Replacement
Exploded View Special Tools Required - Ball Joint Thread Protector, 14 mm 07AAE-SJAA100 - Ball Joint Remover, 32 mm 07MAC-SL0A102 Hub Bearing Unit Replacement 1. Raise and support the vehicle ...
Special Tools Required Subframe Alignment Pin 070AG-SJAA10S Front Subframe Torque After removing the subframe mounting bolts, the front subframe middle rubber mount mounting bolts, the front sub ...
1. Inspect the gear and bearing contact areas for wear and damage, then measure the countershaft at points A, B, and C. If any part of the countershaft is less than the service limit, replace it. ...