Honda Accord: Cylinder Head Cover Installation
1. Thoroughly clean the head cover gasket and the groove.
2. Install the head cover gasket (A) in the groove of the cylinder head cover (B).
3. Check that the mating surfaces are clean and dry.
4. Apply liquid gasket, P/N 08717-0004, 08718-0003, or 08718-0009, on the chain case and the No. 5 rocker shaft holder mating areas (A). Install the component within 5 minutes of applying the liquid gasket.
NOTE: If too much time has passed after applying the liquid gasket, remove the old liquid gasket and residue, then reapply new liquid gasket.
5. Set the spark plug seals (A) on the spark plug tubes.
Place the cylinder head cover (B) on the cylinder head, then slide the cover slightly back and forth to seat the head cover gasket.
6. Inspect the cover washers (C). Replace any washer that is damaged or deteriorated.
7. Tighten the bolts in three steps. In the final step torque all bolts, in sequence, to 12 N-m (1.2 kgf-m, 8.7 Ibfft).
NOTE: - Wait at least 30 minutes before filling the engine with oil.
- Do not run the engine for at least 3 hours after installing the head cover.
8. Install the two bolts (A) securing the evaporative emission (EVAP) canister purge valve bracket.
9. Connect the breather hose (B) and the brake booster vacuum hose (C) and install the power steering (P/S) hose bracket (D), and the dipstick (E).
10. Install the four ignition coils (see page 4-20).
11. Install the engine cover.
12. Install the strut brace (if equipped) (see page 20-306).
Rocker Arm Oil Pressure Switch
All models except PZEV 1. Disconnect the rocker arm oil pressure switch connector (A). 2. Remove the rocker arm oil pressure switch (B). 3. Install the parts in the reverse order of removal wi ...
A/C Refrigerant Oil Replacement
Recommended PAG oil: DENSO ND-OIL 8 P/N 38897-PR7-A01AH: 120 m l (4 fl-oz) It is important to have the correct amount of refrigerant oil in the A/C system to ensure proper lubrication of the A/C c ...
Manual transmission only The fluid level should be between theMINandMAXmarks on the side of the reservoir. If it is not, add brake fluid to bring it up to that level. Use the same fluid spec ...