Honda Accord: Battery Terminal Disconnection and Reconnection
NOTE: Some systems store data in memory that is lost when the battery is disconnected. Do the following procedures before disconnecting the battery, 1. Make sure you have the anti-theft code(s) for the audio and/or the navigation system (if equipped).
2. If you are replacing the audio unit, write down the audio presets (AM and FM), and the XM audio presets (if equipped), because the audio unit does not retain the presets after the battery is disconnected.
3. Make sure the ignition switch is in LOCK (0).
4. Disconnect and isolate the negative cable from the battery.
NOTE: Always disconnect the negative cable from the battery first.
5. Disconnect the positive cable from the battery.
NOTE: Some systems store data in memory that is lost when the battery is disconnected. Do the following procedures to restore the system back to normal operation.
1. Clean the battery terminals.
2. Test the battery (see page 22-90).
3. Reconnect the positive cable (A) to the battery (B) first, then reconnect the negative cable (C) to the battery.
NOTE: Always connect the positive cable to the battery first.
4. Apply multipurpose grease to the terminals to prevent corrosion.
5. Enter the anti-theft code(s) for the audio system and/or the navigation system (if equipped).
6. Enter the audio presets (if applicable), and enter the XM audio presets (if equipped).
7. Set the clock (for vehicles without navigation).
Overview The audio unit acts as the processor for all audio functions. You can select the audio functions from the front panel, the audio remote (on the steering wheel), or by using the navigation ...
Do not modify your vehicle or use non-Honda components that can affect its handling, stability, and reliability. Overall vehicle performance can be affected. Always make sure all equipment is p ...
Receiving XM Radio Service
If your XM Radio service has expired or you purchased your vehicle from a previous owner, you can listen to a sampling of the broadcasts available on XM Radio. With the ignition switch in th ...