Honda Accord: VTC Oil Control Solenoid Valve Removal/Test/lnstallation
1 Disconnect the VTC oil control solenoid valve 2P connector (A).
2. Remove the bolt (B) and the VTC oil control solenoid valve (C).
3. Connect VTC oil control valve 2P connector terminal No. 2 to the battery positive terminal with a jumper wire. Connect VTC oil control solenoid valve 2P connector terminal No. 1 to the battery negative terminal with a jumper wire.
VTC OIL CONTROL SOLENOID VALVE 2P CONNECTOR
Terminal side of male terminals
4. Measure the clearance of the valve (A). The clearance should be at least 0.05 in (1.2 mm) - If the clearance is as specified, the valve is OK; reinstall it with a new O-eing.
- If the clearance is not as specified, install a new valve and O-ring.
NOTE - Before you install the valve, make sure its mating surface to the cylinder head is clean and dry.
- Coat the O-ring with engine oil before you install it.
- Do not install the valve while wearing cloth fibrous gloves. Be careful not to contaminate the cylinder head opening.
1. Install both axles into the A/T differential, then place the axles on V-blocks. 2. Check the backlash of the pinion gears (A) using a dial indicator (B). Standard: 0.05-0.15 mm (0.002-0.006 i ...
Vanity Mirror Light Test/Replacement
1 . Remove the sunvisor (see page 20-135). 2. Disconnect the 2P connector (A) from the sunvisor (B). Vanity Mirror Light: 1.1 W x 2 3. Check for continuity between terminals No. 1 and No. 2. ...