Honda Accord: VTC Oil Control Solenoid Valve Removal/Test/lnstallation
1 Disconnect the VTC oil control solenoid valve 2P connector (A).
2. Remove the bolt (B) and the VTC oil control solenoid valve (C).
3. Connect VTC oil control valve 2P connector terminal No. 2 to the battery positive terminal with a jumper wire. Connect VTC oil control solenoid valve 2P connector terminal No. 1 to the battery negative terminal with a jumper wire.
VTC OIL CONTROL SOLENOID VALVE 2P CONNECTOR
Terminal side of male terminals
4. Measure the clearance of the valve (A). The clearance should be at least 0.05 in (1.2 mm) - If the clearance is as specified, the valve is OK; reinstall it with a new O-eing.
- If the clearance is not as specified, install a new valve and O-ring.
NOTE - Before you install the valve, make sure its mating surface to the cylinder head is clean and dry.
- Coat the O-ring with engine oil before you install it.
- Do not install the valve while wearing cloth fibrous gloves. Be careful not to contaminate the cylinder head opening.
DTC TroubleshootingDTC P0010: VTC Oil Control Solenoid Valve Malfunction NOTE: Before you troubleshoot record all freeze data and any on-board snapshot and review the general troubleshooting Information (see page 11 ...
CMP Sensor A Replacement1. Disconnect the CMP sensor A 3P connector (B). 2. Remove CMP sensor A from the intake camshaft side of the cylinder head. 3. Install the parts in the reverse order of removal with a new O-ri ...
Shift Lock Solenoid Replacement
Type A Shift Lever 1. Remove the shift lever assembly (see page 14-222). 2. Release the lock tabs (A) retaining the shift lock solenoid using thin-bladed screwdrivers. 3. Insert a 6.0 mm (0.24 ...
Trim Removal/Installation - Trunk Area
Special Tools Required KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014* * Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857 NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - Take care not ...
Shift Lever Does Not Move
Follow the procedure below if you cannot move the shift lever out of the position. • Releasing the Lock 1. Set the parking brake. 2. Remove the key from the ignition switch. 2. Remove ...