Honda Accord: Sunvisor Removal/Installation
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to bend or scratch the headliner.
- When prying with a flat-tip screwdriver, wrap it with protective tape to prevent damage.
1. Insert a flat-tip screwdriver through the hole in the front side of the bracket cover (A), and push the hook (B). Make sure the hook is unlocked .
2. While pushing in the hook (A) with a flat-tip screwdriver, release the sunvisor (B) from the holder (C), and rotate the sunvisor backward 45 В°. Make sure the hook slides into the bracket cover as you rotate the sunvisor.
3. Pull down the sunvisor (A) to release the pin (B) and the bracket (C) from the holes in the body. Then pull out the vanity mirror light connector (D) and disconnect it.
NOTE: If the sunvisor cannot be pulled down, the hook has not rotated into the bracket cover. Repeat step 2 to rotate the hook.
4. Turn the holder (A) 45 В° counterclockwise, and pull it down to remove it from the holder grommet (B).
5. Pry out the holder grommet (A) from the body by pinching its hooks (B).
6. If the side curtain airbag has deployed, replace the sunvisor with a new one (see page 24-208).
7. If the side curtain airbag has not deployed, inspect the sunvisor for damage. A damaged sunvisor may cause the side curtain airbags to deploy improperly, possibly causing injury. Replace the sunvisor if it has any of the following damage: - Any cracks in the sunvisor bracket (A) В© Any cracks in the sunvisor bracket cover (B) - Any bends or cracks in the sunvisor stay shaft (C) - Any cracks in the sunvisor base (D)
8. If the holder grommet is damaged or stress-whitened, replace it with a new one.
9. Install the holder (A) into the holder grommet (B) by turning it 45 В° clockwise, and install them into the body as an assembly by pushing it until the hooks (C) snap into place securely.
10. Connect the vanity mirror light connector (A), and install the sunvisor (B) by inserting the bracket (C) and the pin (D) of the bracket cover (E) into the holes in the body.
11. While holding the bracket cover (A), rotate the sunvisor (B) forward until the hook (C) snaps into place. Gently pull down on the sunvisor to make sure it is properly secured in the body. Rotate the sunvisor into the holder (D).
Engine Type K24Z3: 2.4 L DOHC i-VTEC Sequential Multiport Fuel-injected, 190HP engine Serial Number 1000001-: Except PZEV 1500001-: PZEV ...
Replacing a Fog Light Bulb
If equipped Your vehicle uses halogen light bulbs. When replacing a bulb, handle it by its plastic case, and protect the glass from contact with your skin or hard objects. If you touch the gl ...
Auto Door Locking/Unlocking
Your vehicle locks and unlocks all doors automatically when a certain condition is met. • Auto Door Locking • Drive lock mode All doors lock when the vehicle’s speed reaches about 10 mph ...