Honda Accord: Sunvisor Removal/Installation
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to bend or scratch the headliner.
- When prying with a flat-tip screwdriver, wrap it with protective tape to prevent damage.
1. Insert a flat-tip screwdriver through the hole in the front side of the bracket cover (A), and push the hook (B). Make sure the hook is unlocked .
2. While pushing in the hook (A) with a flat-tip screwdriver, release the sunvisor (B) from the holder (C), and rotate the sunvisor backward 45 В°. Make sure the hook slides into the bracket cover as you rotate the sunvisor.
3. Pull down the sunvisor (A) to release the pin (B) and the bracket (C) from the holes in the body. Then pull out the vanity mirror light connector (D) and disconnect it.
NOTE: If the sunvisor cannot be pulled down, the hook has not rotated into the bracket cover. Repeat step 2 to rotate the hook.
4. Turn the holder (A) 45 В° counterclockwise, and pull it down to remove it from the holder grommet (B).
5. Pry out the holder grommet (A) from the body by pinching its hooks (B).
6. If the side curtain airbag has deployed, replace the sunvisor with a new one (see page 24-208).
7. If the side curtain airbag has not deployed, inspect the sunvisor for damage. A damaged sunvisor may cause the side curtain airbags to deploy improperly, possibly causing injury. Replace the sunvisor if it has any of the following damage: - Any cracks in the sunvisor bracket (A) В© Any cracks in the sunvisor bracket cover (B) - Any bends or cracks in the sunvisor stay shaft (C) - Any cracks in the sunvisor base (D)
8. If the holder grommet is damaged or stress-whitened, replace it with a new one.
9. Install the holder (A) into the holder grommet (B) by turning it 45 В° clockwise, and install them into the body as an assembly by pushing it until the hooks (C) snap into place securely.
10. Connect the vanity mirror light connector (A), and install the sunvisor (B) by inserting the bracket (C) and the pin (D) of the bracket cover (E) into the holes in the body.
11. While holding the bracket cover (A), rotate the sunvisor (B) forward until the hook (C) snaps into place. Gently pull down on the sunvisor to make sure it is properly secured in the body. Rotate the sunvisor into the holder (D).
Trim Removal/Installation - Trunk LidSpecial Tools Required KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014* *Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857 NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands. . - Take care not ...
Grab Handle Removal/InstallationSpecial Tools Required KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014* *Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857 NOTE: - Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to a ...
Shift Fork Clearance Inspection
1. Measure the clearance between each shift fork (A) and its matching synchro sleeve (B). If the clearance exceeds the service limit, go to step 2. Standard: 0.35-0.65 mm (0.014-0.026 inj Service ...
1. Do the battery terminal disconnection procedure (see page 22-91). 2. Remove the upper cover (A), then remove the two positive ( + ) terminals (B). 3. Remove the under-hood fuse/relay box (C ...